Thursday, December 10, 2020

On the hook

Irish Crochet - My last posted progress was in January 2019...doesn't sound that very long does it?  but its time to finish some of these crochet and knitting projects. Firstly, its taking up space and I need to declutter. Secondly, well, it's time to get it done before I go on buying more...lol

I began working on this  since the start of our MCO in March this year, but it was only in  May when I began to assemble the pieces and by August I was quite happy with how all the motifs came together (after some pondering)and was comfortable with how it looked. Thereafter it was just sitting there on my frame.  I was so near yet so far. I began working on it diligently about mid November to put everything together and finishing it before November ended
Pardon the wonky-ness
The Red Motifs - another one pulled out from the dark cold box in the corner. Working with motifs  is super easy and a very versatile project. I can simply tugged into my purse and  carry  it anywhere and everywhere I went. Easier said then done. Haha...it took me like ages but when I got it going, there was no stopping. The set backs I encountered  with this was assembling the sleeves Since I did not follow any given pattern, it took me two days on a weekend to figured it out and finally put it together. 
The most challenging yarn I have ever encountered. The yarn are hairline thin with tiny tracks of fibers in between. Working with three strands . This was at first a stole to be but somehow along the knitting journey, I decided a blouse/tunic would be of more use to me than a stole living in my hot and humid weather. 

And so there you go, striking out three  from my Crochet/knitting UFOs list...next some Christmas finishing.

I shall leave with this yummilicious Signature Watermelon Cake by  Naj & Belle Dessert House, so glad they opened a branch at this new mall  not far from my home. The mall finally had their official opening mid November after postponing it since March this year due to the pandemic.

Well I hope everyone stay safe .

No comments: