Sunday, November 15, 2020

Make-do project

One for Halloween this year. 
Halloween - Freebie by Aliolka . Yet to decide what to finish this into.

Had a little crazy idea with  leftovers scrappy fabrics 
from the  mask sewing . I am no quilter, therefore choosing fabrics and matching can be quite overwhelming for me. Thus, this crazy patchwork idea I had comes with no actual planning, just grab and hand piecing randomly and nothing measured.  
My idea was to turn it  into a Tissue Case Cover
to fit the size of packet tissue of  Size 5" x 7.5" approximately. I got so disturbed with its
plastic wrapper that got tore so easily. 
More from the scrappy mask fabrics.
I  also hand quilted a mismatched scrappy quilted cover  
for this doll bed made from clothespin.
The bed tutorial by 
Ann Wood Handmade Doll  House Bed from Clothespins 

The finished bed was completed and went into my UFO box. Had wanted to paint it but like always procrastinate with the color choice and so never had a mattress or pillow until now. DD recently ordered some acrylic paints and it arrived yesterday. I also  found a larger clothes pegs, so maybe another bed soon and I'll give the bed a coat of color too. 

Kathy Schmitz Bird In Hand Strawberry Pincushion 
A freebie on my to-do list for a long while.

These are some of the projects that I embarked on during our Movement Control Order.(MCO)
Life was suddenly interrupted as work was like being suspended even thou it was work from home but with no definite directions or guidelines, it was a new norm and  I felt like a sitting duck. I  was lost for a moment in time. During my 'lost time' my kitchen was smoking. It was a  time to hone my cooking skills. A good thing I supposed.😆 That lasted during the first phase of our MCO. 

Things are better now for I am no longer lost, so to speak.😄
Life goes on.
Be Safe everyone and thank you for coming by, very happy to hear from you too and I thank you for your comments. 


3 comments:

Margie said...

Hi Lillie,

The pandemic has upended all our lives so I'm glad
that that you've found your footing.

We're in the midst of a second wave so my region moved into the "red zone" today. I'm not exactly sure what the red zone restrictions are (I *think* it involves the sizes of gatherings?), so I'm just doing my best to continue following the public health guidelines: limit close contacts, physical distancing, wear a mask in public, and wash hands.

Thanks for the visit!

Carol said...

Your Halloween kitty is darling, Lillie! And you've found a great way to use up some of the scraps from your mask making. I think the lockdown hours of this Covid mess has inspired all of us to try new things in crafting and cooking :) You take care now--stay safe! ♥

Robin said...

Great job of keeping busy. Your finishes are great. I too hate the way the pocket sized tissues get all funky. I need to make one of those tissue packet covers. Stay safe.