A while back when I posted my first jar, Tracey inquired if there was any tutorial, I wasn't sure as I did mine the way I thought how it should looked and through trial and error. I also mentioned that I will try to put one up, so here it is, Tracey this is for you. Sorry I took so long to put this up.
Supplies : A jar (mine fits jar cap size 5.5 cm Diameter Approximate)
Glue any kind that is stong enough to hold the fabirc cushion to the cap, I use the glue gun
Fabric 12cm x 12cm Approximate (also depending on your cap size but a 1/2" allowance all round is good enough)
Thread, needle and a bit of polyfiber for filling
1) Make a circle on the wrong side of the fabric, for my cap size, it measured size 7.5cm diameter
2) Draw another larger circle around the first circle, mine measured at 9.5cm diameter giving the first circle a 1cm allowance all round which will be the seams
1) Fold the 1cm seam allowance inward, pressed and sew loose running stitch all round
Complete a circle and pull the thread to form garthers on the fabric
Stuffed a generous amount of polyfiber fillings into the fabric and plumed it up
Supplies : A jar (mine fits jar cap size 5.5 cm Diameter Approximate)
Glue any kind that is stong enough to hold the fabirc cushion to the cap, I use the glue gun
Fabric 12cm x 12cm Approximate (also depending on your cap size but a 1/2" allowance all round is good enough)
Thread, needle and a bit of polyfiber for filling
1) Make a circle on the wrong side of the fabric, for my cap size, it measured size 7.5cm diameter2) Draw another larger circle around the first circle, mine measured at 9.5cm diameter giving the first circle a 1cm allowance all round which will be the seams
1) Fold the 1cm seam allowance inward, pressed and sew loose running stitch all round
Complete a circle and pull the thread to form garthers on the fabric
Stuffed a generous amount of polyfiber fillings into the fabric and plumed it up
stitch over the gathers to securely sealed it.
The cushion is now done
Heat up the glue gun, and squeeze enough glue to hold the pincushion in place.
In my case, I fill the inner cirlce of the cap with glue as shown below
and place the pincushion over it, position it in the center.
The cushion is now done
Heat up the glue gun, and squeeze enough glue to hold the pincushion in place.In my case, I fill the inner cirlce of the cap with glue as shown below
and place the pincushion over it, position it in the center.
Note : a bigger size pin cushion may fit the cap, but take note that the opening of the jar may not fit the cushion into it . So it is wise to determine the size of your jar and cap by doing a test run after the cushion is done before you glue it to the cap.



Final touch, dressed up the outer jar with ribbons or laces if you desire
12 comments:
You are so sweet!! Thank you!!
Great job, Lillie. Thanks for sharing.
Very cool!!
Thanks!
Great tutorial. I bookmarked it. Thanks for sharing.
So cute! Thanks for the tutorial!
Thanks for sharing the detailed tutorial :)
It is really beautiful!!!
You did a nice job with the tutorial :)
i love it Lillie! I have two jars of crystal that I love your way, but did not know what or how to use them, your tutorial has given me an idea,Thank you so much!
What a great idea, I love it. Thanks for sharing it with us.
How cute Lillie!
Wow - this is so neat. Great tutorial.
Post a Comment