The 3rd Birthday Block Exchange falls in June for June. These are my fabric selection for June who has actually indicated her choice of colors from the Jolie Maison Belue range
Her block : Rail Fence. Quantity 12 pieces
Block Size 8.5" . Instructions are join 3 strips and leave the 4th strip unsew with the 4th strips fabrics from each color block variations. My fabrics from Robert Kaufman and an original Jolie Maison Belue range.
Sounds pretty easy, all I need now is to cut accurately and sew straight right ? LOL
But I am glad that June finally put up her Rail Fence diagram and being me, I am following June's 'example' with colors combination to the T.
These are my June's Blocks
My first finished for the year. Took me 10 days to complete and I almost gave up halfway.
I am not sure if this will inspire me back to stitching. For all I know, I just needed a gift to go with my package and with that thought in mind I just hang on to it with gritted teeth.
Design by Le Chalet des Perelles
Petitie roses de juin
Fabric 32ct tea dyed linen
Finished into a pinkeep Approximate size 11cm x 8cm
The package mailed and arrived on June 10, 2014
We celebrated the Dumpling festival in the first week of June, I attempted my first dumpling making with a Nyonya glutinous rice dumpling. It took me two days to prep the ingredients starting with soaking the rice as well as the bamboo leaves overnight
Boiled Blue Pea Flower (Bunga Telang), a must for a Nyonya dumplingsPrepping the dumpling ingredients
Two and a half hours later.
Regrettably, I only obtained a tint of blue hues which is almost invisible on my rice , obviously the quantity of my 'blue pea flowers' is not enough, yet I am happy I managed quite successfully with the dumplings.We'll see how I will fair next year, if I am up to it again, LOL
On Mother's day. Celebrated 3 mothers in the family.
Some books I picked up from Kino recently during my meetup with MW and Jackie
Had a meetup with MW and Jackie that ended with a Nonya lunch (totally Asian) at Little Penang Café.
Very 'pai seh' MW picked up the tab again. Thanks MW and Jackie, you girls (BJ & June included) must make a trip for some 'Loh Mee' treat from me next.
It was great meeting up with both of you .
The next BBE is in about two months time. The next block will need some studying on my part, hopefully I can manage it, LOL. Until my next post, thank you all who continue to come by and took time to leave me your comments. Appreciate it a lot !












5 comments:
Lovely work! I have that same pattern you made a pinkeep with, waiting to be stitched by me.
And it looked so blue! I am surprised.
I love your finished pinkeep, Lillie--the shape and colors are fabulous! And the June block exchange is so pretty with all the shades of blue :)
Looks like you've had some yummy food lately--a dumpling festival sounds like fun!!
Good luck with your next block--I'm sure it will be beautiful!
Such pretty colors for your June block Lillie. Your pinkeep may be your first finish of the year - but it was well worth the wait - lovely.
As always your post is so fun and yummy to read.
Your little pinkeep is so so beautiful. I love the design and your finishing, so creative with the lace all around. And wow, great blue fabrics that you used for the new block. I love blue, the only colour I love even better is red, all sorts of red.
Looking forward to your next block.
Lots of beautiful blues.
JessW
Post a Comment