Friday, June 27, 2014

Finding me, a non-stitching post

I have no stitching to show, instead I have compile some photos from my travel from the time when I was not feeling myself and no desire to stitch .  Most of these trips are short and over the weekend. The first trip we made with kids was  to Genting Highland. I couldn't provide much photos from this trip as my mobile phone went' kaput' on me and the one Diane took on her mobile got stolen in college and both of us never  got the photos saved up on our PC. But there was these fabulous sunrise from our hotel window which I posted on FB and managed to retrieved from.
 Fabulous white clouds, looks like we are above the clouds but from our  hotel window.
Mid  March, me and DH went to Cameron Highlands and as usual we visited the flowers, strawberries and vegetable farms including their famous pasar malam  (night market ) and a steamboat dinner to end our stay
 Strawberries overload and selling off by the crates
While driving around,  we spotted this Earth building, an abandon Blueberry farm
In mid April, DH and me made a trip to Southern Thailand, Golok a boarder town in the East Coast.
The street by night turned into a food haven and also paradise for the naughty.
Coincidentally our arrival coincide with a temple festival although we missed the Thai Songkran festivity( New Year for the Thais)  a weekend earlier.
Towards end of May, I traveled to Teluk Intan (literally translated Diamon Gulf) with  Jaimis and the kids. It's been ages since I last set foot here , for the kids it was their first trip to explore and my first time driving the distance. This is the famous tower, a local landmark built in 1885. NO, I did not tilted my camera, This is our very own Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan . Originally housed the water tank that supplied water for the town during drought and also served as a beacon to guide the ship into Telok Anson Port. Standing at only 25 meters with 110 steps. It is not as tall as the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. The tower is shaped like a pagoda and look like 8 storey high but in actual fact only 3 storey. Today the tower serves as a clock tower which was brought in from London in 1894.
A visit to one of the Oldest temple (Hock Soon Keong circa 1883) .  It was the centre of  the Hokkien community during the British era in Teluk Intan. Our visit ended with a seafood lunch at a restaurant nearby which I did not get the name or rather forgot to note.
 On our way home,  we made a detour into Pantai Redang. It's my first time there and I never knew there's a beach here, it's also a seafood paradise, we will be coming back for the food next.
The beach and below the fishing village
Raining red - a Wishing Tree.  What a sight !
and Yes, we just had to try our hands at throwing/hanging  the ribbons (where we wrote our wishes)  as high as we could. Obviously, all of us failed to hang our ribbons anywhere in the middle section/height of the tree, maybe we weren't serious enough in making our wishes, and  'HE' knows,  LOL.
 Some photos of me and the kids in 'action' and Jaimis with the kids posing under the tree so you can imagine how tall was the tree.
Next, my trip to Saigon, until then I hope you enjoyed my little travel adventure in the course of me finding me.


Hope your days have been fabulous with lots of stitching and crafting.
Thank you for coming by.




5 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh thank you for sharing your beautiful country with me Lillie.

Andrea said...

Gorgeous photos. The one of the clouds is stunning.

Carol said...

You've certainly traveled to some wonderful places, Lillie! I really enjoyed seeing your photos and love the idea of a Wishing Tree :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Mylene said...

A great post Lillie!!

Brigitte said...

It was so interesting to travel with you all these wonderful places. It's always great to read about and see pictures from foreign countries. Thank you so much for sharing.