The first quarter of the year will come to an end in a couple of days.
There is nothing much to reveal, only that I've completed the Positive Thinking SAL for quite awhile now.
There is nothing much to reveal, only that I've completed the Positive Thinking SAL for quite awhile now.
Some fabrics to show. My selections for the Birthday Block Exchange 2014.
These are only my preliminary selections. As I have mentioned many times, quilting is not my comfort zone, and making fabric choices is not easy. When I did so wrong with fabric choices the first time, I do not want to repeat the same mistakes, especially when the girls has selected themes for their Birthday blocks. These are rather daring steps on my part when I do not even own a hi-tech sewing machine. What was I thinking when I got roped into this..??!!?
April Blocks
May Blocks
These are all I can reveal for now.
Have a good weekend everyone and thank you for coming by.



10 comments:
Oh wow! Well, take your time and it will be okay.
Your Jardin Privee piece looks just stunning- I love all those pretty motifes and fresh spring like colours.
Love fabrics!!
It is good to come out of your comfort zone, and you dont need a high tech sewing machine..I love the colours, they are perfect. See! Your already onto a winner. Just have fun and see what creations you come up with. I am sure they will be perfect.
A really wonderful finish, Lillie! Congratulations and best of luck with your new venture. I don't own a high-tech sewing machine either so I would feel the same worry... I hope everything works out for you!
Your sampler is beautiful. The fabric colours and prints you have chosen look wonderful together.
I love the colours you have chosen, especially for May. Just found your lovely blog and enjoyed reading about your Chinese New Year traditions, and looking at your lovely stitching and pincushions.
Congrats on finishing the Positive Thinking SAL, it's beautiful!
WOW! Such lovely collections of fabrics and i love the colours!!
Looks good! Congrats on your finish.
Congratulations on finishing this lovely SAL by Jardin Prive. And you made me very curious to learn more about this birthday block exchange. I'm looking forward to seeing what you will be making with these fabrics.
Goodness, all this angst and worry about your blocks. Over NOTHING!!! Piecing and applique very good, perfect little blind stitches on your applique. So tickled you learnt that for me. Thanks very much, and yes, it is a challenge to do for the first time. Added pressure if first time = swap, lol.
JessW ( ps, Milo is looking good. )
Post a Comment