Friday, March 07, 2014

Missing time

I have been playing with some fabrics the past couple of weeks and attempted some hexis with scraps and ended up with two pincushions
and this . I don't know what this is called but it's been around and I made this once before about two years back as a birthday gift, but this is for me.
Learning  to applique. I still have much to learn....I have reasons for the need to practice .
And so I have no stitching to show. I did work on  Positive Thinking but did not completed it as I had hope to achieved but it's coming along. No photos to show, perhaps in my next posting. Am actually  feeling a bit lethargic lately which put me in a mode of no interest in doing things except what needed to be done. I do have a first exchange coming up soon and I have completed  my part last night. I do have my shortcoming and initial setbacks and some wasted fabrics because I math wrongly, I wasn't thinking straight and all. However,  I managed to overcome it, only hopefully J will be all forgiving in receiving it later. 

 I shall end  this post with some photos of my Bird Watcher in the house. It's the first time I spotted her in Diane's room window. And I don't know if the blinds is of her doing or Diane's.
Thank you all who came by and left comments in my last post. My apologies  if you did not received a personal thank you mail from me, but do be known that your words are very much appreciated. 

Have a great weekend everyone.


5 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh those are great pincushions. Your cat looks very content.

Ellen said...

Wow, love your pincushions especially the round hexagon one!

Love your cat too, is she a Siamese?

Hugs,

Brigitte said...

These pincushions you made look absolutely great.
I have never made any appliqué, it's something that I still have to learn. If I lived next to you we could do it together, lol. Have fun with your quilting practice.

Carol said...

Your pincushions turned out so well, Lillie! And your applique work looks like it is off to a wonderful start.

Beautiful kitty--I sure miss having one in my home, but with my husband's allergies I can't get another...

Patty C. said...

Lovely pincushions!