Hello everyone, I hoped everyone had a wonderful great start into the new year. The new year came very quickly, the fact that I was on foreign soil, I stayed up for the countdown from my hotel balcony since it was held in the street just below us. It's an all girls trip with Mom, Diane and me, a reason why we didn't stayed in the street till late for fear of any chaos following the recent bomb blasts which occurred only days ago prior to our departure at three of it's neighboring township in Southern Thailand. Luckily, there was no untoward incidents while we were there as people had feared. Thais arm forces was visible nearby, stationed at make shift tent where the countdown was being held. Their transition into the new year went by smoothly.
We had a scrumptious new year eve's buffet dinner on the 33rd Floor of Sky Restaurant at Lee Gardens Hotel
Coming home, New Year to me was discarding the old calender and replacing it with a new one and life goes on. I supposed it's because Chinese New Year which falls end of of January is commanding attention the most and the fact that things associated with the Chinese New Year began to make it's presence days before Christmas is such a constance reminder that the impending festivity is fast approaching.
I began cookies baking, a week ago, even joint forces with my girlfriends so I can bake for two homes, mine and my Inlaws. More baking in the coming days.
Positive Thinkin' SAL Part 4 is done. Hopefully I will get to complete the final part during the festive holidays.
Positive thinking in 2014, first quarter choice from my UFOs - Rose Sampler, a freebie design by Ellen Maurer-Stroh. Last time I stitch on this was May 2009 at Page 7
I've got myself plunged into the 2014 Birthday Block Exchange with the ladies at the WSG group. I foresee some challenging days ahead with this exchange, as the first birthday is fast approaching, I am beginning to tremble. Perfecting skills as the saying goes; practice makes perfect or does perfect practice makes perfect? Whatever, hopefully when it comes to the real thing, my recipient don't get wonky blocks from me, now if you girls are reading this, just don't put your hopes too high on this old girl yet. The first is yet to materialize.
Looking like a pile of dirty laundry, LOL ! UFOs desperately in need of attention . Abandon - knitting and crochet projects. I think I should give these it's due attention this year. Will see how it goes.
One last picture from my visit to The World of Phalaenopsis, the Moth orchids in DH's hometown.
That's it, I think I've cramped enough of everything for my January post.
Thank you all for visiting and your time to leave me your comments and I hope
Spring is in the air wherever you may be.








9 comments:
Lillie, good to hear that your start into the new year was a good one, with a great dinner. And now it's the Chinese New Year which is approaching. Your cookie baking for it looks gorgeous.
And you are in the full swing of things concerning stitching and quilting. Great progress on both your WIPs, the newer and the older one. For mw it's always a pleasure to pull out a very old WIP and continue stitching on it - it's like a completely new project, lol. Enjoy your birthday block exchnage. You will no doubt send out perfect blocks.
I am glad your celebrating was safe. It all looks so lovely.
It is below zero degrees here. Not spring in the air yet!!
Wow, sure looks like a yummy buffet!
Glad you was able to enjoy your trip without any incidents!
Yummy cookies! I am no good at baking, always have to buy my cny goodies!
Looking forward to your progress on your wips!
Happy Chinese New Year! All the best for the Horse Year!
Hugs,
You're doing so well with the Positive Thinking SAL! The wordings are perfect. Ah ... my EMS Rose Sampler is some box unfinished! Good on you for starting it again.
So glad you're home safely, Lillie. It is becoming increasingly harder to travel abroad due to safety concerns in so many countries.
Looks like your new year is off to a great start with that yummy looking food and your pretty stitching. I especially like the blue and white piece!
Glad you had a good new year. Positive Thinking is coming along wonderfully well.
Hello Lillie and thank You for visiting my little blog again!
You had again such the beautiful and colourfull pictures on your last blog post-I really liked Jardin Prive and EMS samplers and the Orchids were really amazing. We have very cold here and lots of,lots of snow so it is really lovely to see those exotic flowers even in the picture !!
It is fun to trye new crafts and only way to learn more is just to craft more ! What a Joy! :)
With My Best greetings,Maija /Lumiruusu
I can smell your cookies from here!! Glad you had a good trip to start the year off. This old gal here is trembling, just thinking about the BD Blocks....at least you have started and it is looking good!. I can foresee you finishing a lot of your UFOs this year :)
Wow, the food looks so yummy, and I love the little dog cookies, very cute. Positive is coming along great, I've so enjoyed seeing so many postings of this design from the people that are working on it.
Sue
Post a Comment