November is almost coming to an end and looks like this will be my last posting in November. Obligations and commitment weight me down heavily the past couple of weeks, hence my silence. I just couldn't find enough time in one sitting to complete a blog post. Stitching is the only one thing that kept my sanity intact and I have been working hard at finishing this.
It's been a long journey, almost five years in progress and I have personalize the alphabets to that of mine. I had my fair share of frogging, some doubtful moments with colours, made some alterations and even aligned some motifs along the way. For now, my journey with Mary has come to an end.
I must show you what inspired my colours on Mary. Inspiration came from this beautiful Peranakan Porcelains or Ceramic pottery. These wares are native to the Chinese-Peranakan in South East Asia. Treasured and collector's item today.
It's been a long journey, almost five years in progress and I have personalize the alphabets to that of mine. I had my fair share of frogging, some doubtful moments with colours, made some alterations and even aligned some motifs along the way. For now, my journey with Mary has come to an end.
I must show you what inspired my colours on Mary. Inspiration came from this beautiful Peranakan Porcelains or Ceramic pottery. These wares are native to the Chinese-Peranakan in South East Asia. Treasured and collector's item today.
Peranakan Chinese
and Baba-Nyonya are terms used for the descendants of late 15th and
16th-century Chinese
immigrants. It applies especially to the ethnic Chinese populations of the
British Straits Settlements of
Malaya
and the Dutch-controlled island of Java
and other locations, who have adopted Nusantara
customs — partially or in full — to be somewhat assimilated into the local
communities
HALLOWEEN TREE ORNAMENT EXCHANGE
I received the cutest Trick Bag from Marie P for the first Perpetual Halloween Ornament Exchange at HOE last Saturday. Marie had chosen a design by Prairie Schooler and finished it creatively with colourful threads in plaits. Thank you Marie for this adorable first exchange.
My exchange piece had left my shores on the 21st, it'll be another week or so before I'll have news of it's arrival. Until then I cannot reveal as yet.
Hope I had not caused you any agony with my blabbering with regards to this journey of mine with Mary. I am glad to be apart of this worldwide SAL and an opportunity to stitched this treasured sampler.
Thanks for coming by and stay warm where snow has fallen or rained




12 comments:
Oh my, Lillie, what a wonderful finish you have here. Your Mary has such great colours and I can see why you let yourself get inspired by these beautiful porcelaine colours. A gorgeous piece, your Mary Wigham, congratulations!
Congratulations Lillie on completing you Mary Wigham. It IS beautiful!
Congratulations on Mary. She is beautiful. Such gorgeous colors you chose. Lovely pottery too.
Congrats on finishing Mary! The beauty about blogging is we do it on our own schedule not someone else's you'll be back when you're back. I'm sure with more beautiful things to show us!
A beautiful finish. The exchange piece you received is lovely, the plaited hanger is unusual and very clever.
Congrats on the gorgeous finish Lillie. Cute ornament.
Linda
Gorgeous! Love your Mary and congrats on the finish!
That Halloween's ornament is adorable!
Keep dry ha ha!
Hugs,
WOW, The MW colours are FANTASTIC.
JessW.
What a gorgeous finished piece and such a huge accomplishment...Congratulations!
It was wonderful to hear of your inspiration for the colors. That is a great idea and one that I may use in the future. I often struggle with color selection.
Glad that you like the Halloween ornament.
Congrats Lille! MW is so beautiful!!!
Such a gorgeous finish, Lillie, and it was fun to see where your color inspiration came from...
That little treat bag is adorable...
Hope your December is off to a great start :)
Mary Wigham turned out gorgeous Lillie. I love how you showed us the porcelain you used for your color palate.
Post a Comment