Monday, November 04, 2013

A belated October posting

This is indeed a belated October posting in my November post. This is an exchange at HOE for it's Runner's Up Christmas Ornament Exchange in October.
On evenweave in blue
Design by LHN - It's Snow Cold !
Changes :  Black seed beads on the belly and white lace
I adapted my color choices to compliment the fabric color
Size : 4" x 4" approximately
Mailed on October 12 and arrived it's new home on October 29
For Amy VM
 I think this is the best cording I have ever twisted
This sweet design came to me on Saturday, 19  October from Jayne in UK. She stitched me a design by Country Cottage Needleworks which is a joy to received since I have yet to own this particular design.
 Loved the finishing details .
Finally a progress of Part 2 Positive Thinking SAL by JP completed on the evening of October 30
A lil'peek into a wedding dinner of a colleague on October 19 at Cheers Palace Restaurant in Cheras
A belated Birthday gift came hand delivered personally on October 21st from Jaimis . What a delight to see a cute key pouch and a zipped pouch sewn by herself among other sewing things in the package. She did a wonderful job considering that she just took up sewing only recently  and  it was great to meet up again. Thanks JK!
 
Thank you for visiting, hope you'll have a good week ahead.

 

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Sweet gifts for you! You DID do a great job on the finishing.

Barbara J said...

A really pretty Christmas Ornament! And your SAL is coming along so nicely too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at your progress on "Positive Thinking." Beautiful trmmings on both finishes.
JessW.

Lumiruusu said...

Hello Lillie1 Thank you for this beautifull and chaarming post with so many prety ornaments! Your Snowman was very stylish and i really loved the lace and cording you hade added to it. All other ornaments were super cute also The CCn Merry Christals is one of my all time favourites and I really would love to have time for stitch it.

Greetings from Lapland the northest part of my beautifull country. There were really much snow and we saw many reindeers (I told my Greetings to Rudolf ,of course !)

Mii Stitch said...

Such pretty finishes!!! Well done :)

Mylene said...

Oh i love both the ornaments, sent and received for the runner up at HOE. Both beautifully finished!!
LOve the Jardin Prive SAL, did you change the color for the words?
I am really tempted to stitch this lovely design too.

Carol said...

Love the little snowman you did for the exchange, Lillie--beautiful cording, indeed!! And your SAL progress is wonderful--I do love the colors in that one :)

Eva patch said...

I like very much your pretty chritsmas Ornaments !!!!!
Well done.
:)

Precious Crafts said...

What a sweet-looking ornament you got from Jayne, and Amy is lucky to get your cute Mr Snowman. :D

Brigitte said...

That was a great exchange with two wonderful exchnage pieces. And wow, you've already stitched two parts of the French SAL. I still have to start it. It looks really good.