Friday, June 28, 2013

Smoke gets in my eyes

Can you imagine our clear blue skies turned to this for days for about week or so? The worst of the smog shifted from the southernmost district and the coastal line, where noxious fumes have drifted across the sea this past week from Indonesia's Sumatra island.
Buildings enveloped in smog that slashed visibility to barely hundreds of meters (feet).
Cities was shrouded with haze from forest fires set by people who used the traditional slash and burnt method for clearing land for farming on the Indonesian island of Sumatra causing  “unhealthy” levels of pollution on our atmosphere brought in by wind.  The city skies were hazy and air pollution readings was at hazardous level of over 500 in some districts. Some light rain in the last two days finally saw the air quality dramatically improved with moderate air quality reading.
Today, I see blue sky again. Hopefully it stays good for the days to come.
A little mail is all I need to cheer me up from the weather woes. I received this gorgeous  needleroll from Roberta, my Summer Exchange at HOE yesterday. I didn't expect this to arrive so soon, so this was a pleasant surprise. It's very  sweet of Roberta to include a lovely  cut of Summer Theme fabric with cute flipflops design.
Just look at the detailing on the needleroll, Roberta is amazingly talented, so much beautiful creativity in one place.  Thank you so much Roberta, love this to bits.

This weekend ends the  2nd quarter of the year, unfortunately I have not progress much on Mary as I had planned, my attention got diverted to something which I am not allowed to reveal for now. I am giving myself another month to complete Mary and oh yes! I do have secret projects ongoing, LOL!

Have a good weekend everyone



Image google searched captured between 6 to 2 days ago.

6 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

You've received a lovely needle roll!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Goodness your air looks terrible - I hope it continues to clear for you.
What a gorgeous surprise that is, I love the needleroll it's so beautiful.
I hope you have a good weekend (:

Vickie said...

Thank goodness the air is clearing for you. Take care Lillie.

Ellen said...

Beautiful exchange, love that needleroll!

We were also affected by the haze. It was very bad for a week and most outdoor activities had to be cancelled. Luckily the air is better now, hope the haze don't come back!

Hugs,

Brigitte said...

Oh my, this smog doesn't look good, not good for all the people who have to inhale it. It seems to be better now after the rain.
What a great exchnage gift from Roberta. Enjoy all the goodies she sent.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully embellished needleroll, I had to enlarge the photo to examine all the beads etc.
JessW.