Sometime in June, I plunge myself into a challenge masterminded by BJ . Although daunted by the prospect, I managed the NINE Blocks of 6.5" in 17 1/2 hours.
Fabrics : Mixture of Moda, Japanese Cotton and American prints
Fabrics : Mixture of Moda, Japanese Cotton and American prints
The journey wasn't smooth sailing, won't go into the details, just blame my Dinosaur sewing machine is much more convenient. LOL ! Being a novice, little did I know that my interpretation of dark and light was not right. Well, I may have to agree, my overall fabric choices is rather on the 'light' side, Now I know and it's not that appealing looking on it's own. But I never knew that 'light and dark' actually gauge the shades of the fabrics in quilt. It's a rule of sort, but I simply can't gauge the fabrics colour value then, making fabric choices is never, never easy. A lesson well learnt.
Next came my choice for the special block, I happen to stumble upon a freebie design of Pomegranate from a Russian blog and knew immediately it would be perfect !
(regrettably I've lost the link, couldn't read the language to remember the name)
Gorgeous blocks from the other contributors
The blocks all pieced by BJ very quickly
Our pride finally finished for a show and tell
Thank you so much BJ, for a fantastic job well done. You've been an angel for taking in my blocks silently and not mentioning a word, or I would start all over. You really work your magic with the blocks layout, it's not only looking great but fantastic and well blended and complimented each other. Thank you for this opportunity, I truly enjoyed working on this. I am sure you had your fair share of stressful moments and nerve wreaking hours but one that I am sure will hold special memories and meaning held in every square.
Thank you for visiting, I am sorry I have been lacking with my blog rounds, been running like a chicken with it's head cut off since both kids are now in college. I thought I could get some me time with them in college but I was so wrong.
Time for a cuppa !
Enjoy your weekend everyone.






9 comments:
Wonderful write-up of our secret mission! LOL!! It was surely fun!
Hello Lillie
I think your quilt is beautiful and your special square is very pretty (:
Have a good weekend!
What fun quilting is, right Lillie? Everyone has to learn. I enjoy it too sometimes. I taught myself, so I make mistakes.
Oh dear! I thought once college began for our oldest things would be easier too. Oh well.
I think you have done grat work with Quilting..it is acraft I have never tried.
I like Your small stitching too ! Lovely !
Wonderful quilt! Love this secret mission organised by BJ, she did a great job putting the blocks together!
Love your pomegranate freebie!
Transport and things are more convenient in Singapore, my children take care of themselves when they were in college ha ha!
Hugs,
The finished quilt looks lovely! How nice that so many could contribute to it, Lillie :)
Wow, Lillie, what a great quilt this is. Congratulation on finishing it so beautifully. I have always loved this pattern, it's so versatile and you can play with fabrics and colours.
Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL pomegranate ;-)
JessW.xx.
The quilt is lovely
Post a Comment