Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I've gone crazy

Not in the real sense but crazy over quilting; a crazy quilt.

One of my longest desire but never got around to actually doing one because something always get in the way. Also putting finishing ideas together can be so intimidating. But since I have embark on a journey with patchwork this 2nd quarter of the year, I thought it's time to go crazy as well.
Putting the fabrics can be confusing and am clueless with sewing ideas
The beauty of this is, there is no rule and no wrong with a crazy quilt??
 I am sure I read it somewhere.
My first effort for going crazy
Crazy Quilt CD Pincushion

A Mother's Cuppa
I know Mother's Day may be long gone but it's still May, LOL! This is what I made for Mother's Day.  It's a 3-D  tea cup with saucer filled with my very own hand made red and pale yellow carnations from crepe papers. Details on the tea cup are stamped butterflies and brush paint background in gold. Sorry the pictures are a little blurry, it was night when I took the photos with my cellphone.
This Mini Spool Block pincushion was created  from my first very visible boo-boo first block. See why I had to start all again and a new block for my gift?
I broke two needles with this one. I thought I finished it into a mini pincushion instead of wasting it, something to remind me of my 'beginner's' effort.
Been stitching a little design for this finishing.  I actually cut the wrong side in this but it's almost done. Will reveal more in my next post.

We seem to have a tremendous amount of rain lately especially in the evening, the downpour came with thunder showers to thunderous thundering.

Until then, take care everybody and thanks again for visiting.

Note : Cup and saucer template from here Design by Laura Campbell

10 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow, so gorgeous for a first attempt at crazy quilting! Really love that pincushion!

You are one talented lady, that teacup bouquet is just so pretty! Looking forward to more creative works ha ha!

Hugs,

Nima said...

wow lilllie your crzy patch looks beautiful. I love your handmade carnations too

Barbara J said...

Welcome to patchwork. Crazy blocks are super easy and a great place to start! And it has the bonus of adding embellishments etc. Nice work on your crazy pin-cushion!

Initially I thought the flowers for your mom was real!

Jan Gartlan said...

Beautiful work

Mylene said...

Great post, Lillie. All beautifully finished...WOW!
Such lovely lovely colours you' ve used for the crazy quilt.

Vickie said...

The Mother's Day gift you made is so beautiful. Wow!
Love the crazy quilt pincushion. I want to try crazy quilting one day.

Carol said...

Your pincushions are so sweet, Lillie! And you're right--with crazy quilting there are no rules! Just have fun :)

Amazing that you made those paper flowers for Mother's Day! You really made a beautiful gift...

Brigitte said...

Both your pincushions are gorgeous. I love that crazy style that you used for the round one. I once made some pillows in this style and they turned out great.
What a lovely Mother's Day gift you made.

Anonymous said...

Tremendous looking crazy patching, so interesting to see all the different details.
JessW.

Dani - tkdchick said...

YOur work is beautiful.