Another test of patient and perseverance with the little confidence I earned from the Cat Block. The truth is, I almost gave up on this one.
Adapted from Honey Bee Sweet Blog
Thank you for visiting and your time to stop by with your comments. Appreciate it a lot.
I learnt that having these tools to work with does not guaranteed perfection :{
Maybe it's just me, I don't quite achieved what I had in mind, but at least I got all the joints where it was suppose to be very close. Choosing fabrics and matching colors is another hard decision to make.
One block took me an entire evening of intense concentration. There were boo-boos, I'll save that for another story.
I suppose I know the reason why I don't quilt. I think I may have a problem with perfection or could it be I am a perfectionist who can't stand not being able to perfect things or maybe it's just that I am an imperfectionist who cannot simply go by the rule, come to think of it, I don't always read the rule, LOL!
Patchwork Spool Block
(No specific tutorial on this one, there just too many out there,
I just Google a lot for many days and work my own way)
I just Google a lot for many days and work my own way)
Fabrics from my stash
(there was this time I never bothered to keep track of my fabrics)
(there was this time I never bothered to keep track of my fabrics)
This is my Birthday gift for Barbara Jack who is on the road of becoming a fine couturier.
Check out her blog Sartorial Stitches
Hence, my choice of this Spool Block and my choice of design on her Birthday card
The package, I was told arrived yesterday.
Check out her blog Sartorial Stitches
Hence, my choice of this Spool Block and my choice of design on her Birthday card
The package, I was told arrived yesterday.
And I got home to find a surprise package for me too. My Fall Exchange, Turkey theme with HOE. The package from my original partner went missing and angel Michelle answered the call and sent me this adorable Gobble~Gobble and wonderful extras.
Finishing into a pinkeep
Closeup of the detailed ruffle edging
The package and the goodies that Michelle so generously enclosed
Including this embroidered pincushion made by her mom, just look at the detailed strawberries, gorgeous and a pouch which will come very handy for my purse.
Thank you so much Michelle for all this wonderful package but especially more for being my angel
As I am writing this, my 3rd secret project of the year is in the planning. I think I may have a giveaway for my readers soon. Details later.
The week's bake, a Steam Banana Loaf for Wednesday morning breakfast, the recipe is simply a quick and easy to whip and steaming takes only 20 minutes although I let it steam a bit longer like 30minutes because I was in the shower.
Ingredients for Steamed Banana Cake:
2 eggs
100g brown sugar (original uses white sugar)2 large ripe bananas, mashed
150g self rising flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
75g vegetable oil
Method:
2 eggs
100g brown sugar (original uses white sugar)2 large ripe bananas, mashed
150g self rising flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
75g vegetable oil
Method:
- In a a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar till it reaches ribbon stage and more then doubled its volume.
- Add the mashed bananas and gently stir in till combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda into the egg mixture and continue to beat at low speed till everything is incorporated.
- Lastly, add in the vegetable oil and stir gently again till it all comes together and careful not to over mix and deflate the bubbles.
- Prepare a steamer with boiling water and greased a 8" round cake pan and line with parchment paper.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and steam at medium high fire for 20 minutes or till the tester comes out clean or with moist crumbs.
Adapted from Honey Bee Sweet Blog
Thank you for visiting and your time to stop by with your comments. Appreciate it a lot.














7 comments:
You've had a couple of very beautiful finishes here. I love the needlebook case, it looks gorgeous.
I think your second block looks very good, I can't see anything wrong in it.
Thanks so much for your gifts Lillie. Am especially proud of you for attempting some quilting blocks. I assure you it'll become easier with practice. Isn't everything that way? :)
I love the garment fabrics and it matches so well.
I think you did a great job with that block and love the case you turned it into!
Your needlebook is wonderful! You are great for a first timer! I need my teacher besides me all the times when I do patchwork ha ha!
Beautiful pinkeep from Michelle!
The bread looks yummy! I am no good at baking! My children do all the baking in this house ha ha!
Hugs,
Lovely gifts given and received.
I dunno, the patchwork looks pretty prefect to me. Lots of delicious things to admire in this posting.
JessW.
it has been ages since i visited your blog..your block looks perfect..
Post a Comment