My first attempt at patchwork! One would think that it's wiser to start with something easy like squares or rectangles, but my choice had to be the Patchwork Cat Block because I thought this would be easy, it did look easy but turn out that it need more patient than I initially thought. I reduce the size to half its original of 12" square. Don't ask this novice how, I am just as 'amazed' with myself that I did, LOL!
For the record, WIP started on 24 February 2013 at approximately 8pm, finished at 1:30am on 25 February 2013. This was my February secret project meant for Jess W, all the reason for these kitty project and was part of my Birthday package for Jess .
I have also been working on my second secret project which is all done and awaiting mailing on Monday.
Bake of the week is a Steamed Fruit Cake. Adapted from here My Kitchen Snippets, definitely a keeper.
It's election day this Sunday for the RAKYAT (people/citizens) and YES! I AM VOTING !!
Anyhow, I did attempt the squares for the back pillow two days later, instead of just finishing it in one piece fabric which will look so unappealing. It took me twice as much patient than the first to put the joints together. Oh! there are flaws here and there but for a first timer, am proud to say, I did it !
Red & Chequered fabrics by Moda while the beige, sorry unknown from my stash. If I were to get a second chance at working this, not that I am, I would have reversed the
fabrics with the chequered fabric as the border. I didn't give much thought on
this before, my concern then was matching the kitty.
It was past midnight when I embarked on my second sewing project after I completed my Cat Block. I decided I wanted to try my hand at sewing another stuffed animal, not just any animals. It had to be a cat. I did my homework some days earlier via Google image search for some ideas and came up with this.
7" approximately from head to butt (minus tail).
A little oversized for a pincushion I suppose.
For the record, WIP started on 24 February 2013 at approximately 8pm, finished at 1:30am on 25 February 2013. This was my February secret project meant for Jess W, all the reason for these kitty project and was part of my Birthday package for Jess .
I thought of a handmade card instead of store bought this year, set back was I had mental block mid way. It's been such a long time since I last made one, and it was way too late to go to the store. I finally settled for this simple layout
I crocheted this last year but never got around to snap a photo until now.
A sneak peek on the progress of my second unfinished project selected as the WIP for the second quarter. Meet Mary Wingham SAL. This has gone into hibernation since January 2011. It went along on my recent break to Redang Island, an island in the South China Sea where I managed some stitches on our front porch villa overlooking the South China Sea.
This is Page 7
Here are some collage of photos from my island trip.
An uninvited guest that would make an appearance at every meal time, sneaking in and snatching a piece of bread or a slice of fruit.I have also been working on my second secret project which is all done and awaiting mailing on Monday.
Bake of the week is a Steamed Fruit Cake. Adapted from here My Kitchen Snippets, definitely a keeper.
Thank you for visiting. Have a good weekend everyone.
It's election day this Sunday for the RAKYAT (people/citizens) and YES! I AM VOTING !!







.jpg)









10 comments:
Looks like a lovely trip, good for you.
Such accomplishments with the cat block and the cat pin cushion. I love them.
You made a great start into your patchwork adventure. I love the kitty pillow and the little cat pincushion that you assembled. Great job!
Good that you pulled out Mary Wigham again. Nice progress. And thanks for the lovely pictures of your holidays.
Hello Lillie !
You have done great work with your first attempt to patchwork-I love the pillow and cute kitty you have sewn.
This was very nice to see because I would so much like to get couragement to do my first trye on it...
This far i have been satisfied with my 2Alomst starht" seams ...and that is all I have sewn :)
Poor me !
You must have fantastic time on your Island Trip ,everything looks so exotic warm and beautifull for me :)
When visting at the northen part of my country last weekend we get more of snow :) LOL Can you imagine!!!
Mary Wigham looks georgeous !!
Thank You for visting my blog !!
You are great for a first timer at patchwork! I love that cat!
Mary Wingham is beautiful, love the colors!
Beautiful island!
Hugs,
love your blog, sweet memories came back, I lived for a couple of years in Sarawak Miri.
happy stitching , sunny kisses from Rio.
Such pretty photos from your island trip, Lillie--looks just wonderful!
Your venture into quilting looks great--love the little kitty square and the gingham cat. How cute!!
What a great post and oh all those lovely pictures. I am in love with the gingham cat you made. Can you imagine how happy a child would be with this sweetie as a pet? I know yours is meant as a pin cushion but making it a little larger would make it perfect for all our little animal lovers.
The gingham cat is so cute.
Congrats on the cat block too! :)
Sooo happy with the gingham cat. Looks like everyone else also thinks I've scored with kitty.
JessW.
beautiful attempt on patchwork
Post a Comment