Sunday, December 09, 2012

The Pryn Keepe Exchange


The theme is about the bird, I thought it’s a cute theme and I just had to sign up!
Took some days stitching this and it was a lot of fun to stitch, until I had to frog a bit on the bonnet when I missed a stitch
Just love working the face; it’s so cute isn't it? thou I had to work on the most fearsome stitch; French knots!
 Backstitching this was quite tedious since I haven't been back stitching this much in a looong while
When I thought I had done all the backstitches, I found that the apron was not, sigh!
The cords I plaid in fall colors with DMCs, I am enjoying working the cords these days
putting in the final touch with pin head close to fall colors
HOE Thanksgiving Pyn Keep Exchange
Flew off to Despina  in Quebec Can you imagined the postal clerk asked me Quebec where? Europe? Gosh! I thought they should know their GeographyAnd it took like A MONTH to reach its new home, it did got me worried if I had got CANADA wrong but then again, mine hasn't come either, which got me thinking??  the postie must be on strike or something, lots of nail biting on my part, if you wanna know. 
Design : "Eat Pie" by Virginia Knutson
Vee and Co Cross Stitch Design
Size : 4 1/2" x 5"
32 ct Linen
Backing fabric as shown
Threads : DMCs
Changes : Added the year and slight color changes
I finished this a day before Thanksgiving but no idea what to finish it into as yet.  I made a couple of color changes and added buttons instead of stitching the fall leaves. You can tell I got lazy there, LOL
 Give Thanks 2012
The Primitive Hare Freebie

Thank you all for your lovely comments , I appreciate it all.
Wishing you a lovely week ahead..

Google search images

6 comments:

Vickie said...

ooOoo! I printed off Give Thanks, in my pile. ;)
Cute piece you stitched up.

Carol said...

Such cute finishes, Lillie!! I really hope to stitch the give thanks freebie next year, too :)

Andrea said...

A lovely exchange piece.

Nima said...

lovely pie lilly...

Margaret said...

Such adorable pieces Lillie - especially 'Eat Pie".

Unknown said...

How cute!