Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Spool pocket with pincushion

I guess time flies when one is preoccupied with things or did December  just sneaked up so quickly? I had so many episode of waking up in the morning not knowing what day today or thinking today was yesterday in November. Okay, I should move on.

In between all the November happenings and stitching for the exchanges, I have been working hard to finish this little freebie design from My Aunts Attic
Made an approximately 8cm x 8cm  pillow for the pincushion
Three cords in different length
You'll  need four safety pins for that
Spool Pocket with Pincushion
Belfast White 32 Ct Linen
Threads * Old Salem Red & Elk Snout by Carrie

An inspiration I stumble from looking at pinterest which I forgot to mark and couldn't trace back. I did spent a bit more time looking at that site lately, it’s like a cyber library and can be very additive, yet I don't own one, so I couldn't pin to give my source its due credits. It’s no pining for me for now; it’s just me and my old ways; paper and pen
Enjoy your week and all that you may have plans for. 
 

10 comments:

Siobhán said...

I'm pretty sure that December snuck up on all of us! It's crazy how fast this year has gone. Your spool pocket pincushion is amazing--really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow, v detailed finish. Pls send "Princess Milo" to Penang!
JessW.

Vickie said...

Hi Lillie. That is wonderful and so unique. I do not do Pinterest either. It could easily be addictive, and I spend too much time reading blogs already!! Have a good day.

Lumiruusu said...

Oh,Lillie the pincushion finishing is just amazingly beautiful ,
You really did a great job with it!!
I have never seen a finishing like this...it so pretty and looks just professionally made !!
You are a really talented stitcher !! :) :)

Sharon said...

It's beautiful! Wonderful finish!

Nima said...

wow...that's an awesome idea Lilli. Thank you for sharing...It has been ages since i visited your blog...sorry for not posting comment on everything...your pincushion looks beautiful.

Ellen said...

Very creative n unique, I love it!

Hugs,

Margaret said...

What a great idea Lilli and it turned out so lovely.

Loved the wedding pictures on your last post. You always have such a wonderful way of showing a special event. Really gives a good look into your culture. Thank you so much.

Yuko said...

Lilie, this is awesome and perfect!!
Your tecnique is wonderful!!

Brigitte said...

Oh, wonderful, such a neat idea. Your finishing ideas are fantastic.