November month was a month of feasting and two festivity. Diwali, the most auspicious Hindu festivity, also known as the Festival of Lights falls on November 13.
While the Muslims observed the first day of Muharram, the first month in the Islamic calendar, two days later. I had to work this day when its actually a public holiday :(The feasting began with a Charity Event to raise Education Fund for Needy Pupils . A total of 102 schools benefited from the cause from a total sum of RM511,000.00 raised this year.
I wasn't feeling quite myself midway during dinner when the little pounding in my head I felt earlier in the day went into full blown migraine and I left soonest the last dish was served without savouring it nor the last four prior to this. The in between entertainment during the presentation ceremony and appreciation speech was somewhat better compared to that of last year.
On the very next evening, DH and I attended the wedding dinner of my colleague, Jimmy who hosted the dinner in Klang, the royal town of Selangor . I was feeling much better then after medication nevertheless and able to sustained the night :(The destination took us about an hour to drive in heavy rain that luckily only drizzle when we arrived at the Restaurant, the food was scrumptious and kinda uniquely presented.
The next feasting was at a wedding in rich Indian tradition of a dear friend's daughter, Vicky to Murali under an extravagantly decorated Mandap (Wedding Canopy) in stunning props. We traveled approximately 180km to Jerantut town, a progressive town today located in the Central State for the wedding ceremony, thereafter to an authentic & very spicy Indian lunch reception, Yummy !
The Wedding Card , an adaption from several charts of a magazine of which I cannot recalled and am too lazy to look it up at this moment. Their wedding reception in KL to be held a week later, unfortunately we couldn't attend as it coincide with another wedding dinner.
The final Wedding Dinner that we attended in the month was of the Wongs
Two other invitation, a Wedding and an engagement event which we had to decline attending when the dates of which clashed with the ones that we choose to attend.
Now on to crafting, two simple and no fuss gift tags for two family celebrating Diwali to go with my fruit basket. During the week I finished another can't show Christmas ornament for an exchange.
I also stitched this, a freebie from My Aunts Attic with Carries Old Salem Red and Elk Snout. I'll reveal more soon , so as not to take up space here on this already long post.
Had a mid-night date with the much anticipated Mr Bond on one Thursday evening, LOL. Superb!
Princess Milo has never been a lap cat, only this once, we were quite surprised when she snuggled up to Diane, maybe she's feeling cold and needed some warmth. We had a bit more rain than usual this November.
There you have it, my November in one post !
Thank you for visiting, hope you enjoyed this post entwine with a bit of cultural, a bit long maybe and thanks a lot for taking time to leave me your comments.
Have a good weekend and happy crafting and/or Happy Christmas shopping












3 comments:
Wow! So many events. Princess Milo is precious. Good thing you got the picture.
is good to have a nice month with many activities. The embroidery is very nice, and the princess is very tender, cute!
You sure have had a busy month, Lillie--very interesting to read about the different weddings and activities you attended in November :) Very pretty stitching as always!
Post a Comment