The Hometown Christmas theme at HOE was a real challenge, its a reflection of cultural identity.
Finishing another few more pieces
The Tree materialized from a sketch I made
As a kid, all species of pine trees are known to me as Christmas Tree,
as such, a tree without decorations and presents beneath, will just be another
pine tree on any one's front lawn or on a beach. A decorated tree definitely
made all the difference.
Its magical to a kid !
This is what Christmas is to me in my perspective through my eyes
My package flew to Melissa C in USA on October 8 and I received words of its arrived on October 25 . I think it turned out quite nicely.
Tropical Christmas Tree
Fabric : 32 count Linen
Floss : DMC and Carrie
with silvery finishing
with silvery finishing
Finishing another few more pieces
Design : Old Colonial Design "Christmas"
Source : JCS Magazine 2010
Floss : Carrie and Needle Odyssey on 32 ct linen
Replacing the Santa with an angle from among my stash
Replacing the Santa with an angle from among my stash
Size : 2 1/2 x 4"
Christmas Coffee 2012
Freebie by Plum Street Samplers
Floss : DMC 801, 3861 and white
The fabric almost drown the snowflakes
Size : 3 x 4 1/2"
Size : 3 x 4 1/2"
Guardian of the Sea
Freebie Design from The Little Stitcher
Floss Needle Odyssey OD and Carrie
Size : 4 1/2 x 5 1/2"
Pinkeep
Thank you everyone who came by and took time to leave me your comments, I appreciate your visits.
A lil'prayer goes to all those affected by Sandy.
Size : 4 1/2 x 5 1/2"
Pinkeep
This week marks the 44th week of the year. Nine more weeks before the year comes to an end. I have my schedules up to my neck with year end reports, a charity function and three weddings to attend all in November. I have two more exchanges left to wrap up and a couple more Christmas stitching. The WIP will have to take a back seat for awhile.
*SPM (O-Level equivalent) begins today too. It has been some months and weeks and hours of anxiety, tensions, nervousness and jittery in between irritable, lethargic and exhausting for both the candidate and this mommy. As at this morning, the feelings has not been calm, I think it has escalate.
Thank you everyone who came by and took time to leave me your comments, I appreciate your visits.
A lil'prayer goes to all those affected by Sandy.





8 comments:
Lovely stitching and finishing!! Everything looks great.
I hope the exams go well. The kids here do Leaving Certificate Exams, which are equivalent to the O levels (they determine what degree & college the student goes to), but with more subjects. I have my twins studying for theirs now. My son did his in June & wasn't happy with his math result so he's redoing this year and will resit the exams in June. Best of luck to your student, and to you! I know how fraught with nerves this time is.
Lillie your stitching and finishing look great.
I am sorry I do not understand SPM. One of your children is moving on in school? I hope they do well.
all of them are so pretty. I love the finshing on each piece. There are so many things we can do to finish a piece.
I like Your tropical Christmas Tree very much as well as the other lovely stitching finished by you !
The Plumm Street Samplers
Coffee Cup -tree is a cute pattern ,it is the first time I see it stitched.
:)
Such pretty Christmas smalls. Nothing like these quick finishes!
Great finishes as always.
Good luck with everything!
Love the exchange you sent! It's lovely! Great finishes too!
Lovely works dear Lillie *.* Thank you so much for stitched my little Guardians, I love your finishing *.* Thank you and Merry Christmas! :))
Post a Comment