Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Are you Ready for All Hallows Nite ?

 
Happy Halloween to all !! 
One of my favourite theme
loved these clip-art images via google
Missed this exchange theme signups
I had too many things on my mind and simply forgot
 Been stitching these and finishing done last weekend
San Man Originals "Pumpkin Kitty"
Floss DMC on 32ct Belfast linen
with purple and orange pins
Size : 4" x 4 1/2"
Do excuse the blurry photo
Design : Perched on a Pumpkin
Blue Ribbon Designs
32 ct Linen Floss All DMC with some color change
Include one variegated
Backing fabric as shown - pumpkin faces
Size : 4 1/2 x 5 1/2"
 
What's brewing from the Witch's Cauldron ?
Bak-Kut-Teh
This special herbal brew contains pork intestine, liver, stomach besides the main ingredients of meat (ribs, knuckle,lean meat)  with mushroom of any kind and lettuce may be added (optional)
Taste may varied from peppery and gingerly besides its original herbal

Bak-Kut-Teh - Herbal Pork Knuckle/Pork ribs Soup :  a famously known speciality soup that comes in a variety of version.  This photo is not from my kitchen table as mine will be Chic-kut -teh , 'Chic' because I will be using chicken instead of pork and its for tonight's dinner. For this posting, I googled for a bit grossed out photo, yes, it can be grossed  looking especially with the intestine,  liver and all to those who are not familiar with this dish.
We don't do trick or treat in the neighbourhood here unless one lives in an international neighbourhood. It was not a local festive thing but over the years  Halloween is becoming more recognized and shopping centers or malls start hosting Halloween related events and cashing in on the celebration.
 
Where ever you may be
Happy Trick or Treat
 *
Stay safe from Sandy
Images Source : Via google / school-clipart.com ,webclipart.about.com ,freestockphotos.biz, about.com
 

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing! I did not do any Halloween stitching this year ha ha!

That Bak-kut-Teh looks yummy!

Happy Halloween!

Hugs,

Linda said...

Congrats on the finishes Lillie. They turned out great.

Linda

Mylene said...

Very cute halloween finishes!

Brigitte said...

This year Halloween stitching has become a completely new love of mine. I had collected so many Halloween charts and thought I should give it a go. Halloween is not very popular around here, maybe a bit more in the big cities where there are Halloween parties etc. But nothing like in the traditional Halloween countries liek the US or the UK.
I just love your Halloween pieces!

Carol said...

Love your spooky finishes, Lillie!! Hope you had a fun Halloween...