I salvaged this from Mom when she wanted to give it away because the size is somehow too big for her now. I like its vibrant red but more for its buttons .
unfortunately this photo just don't do justice to the real thing.
And its big on me too, I had it hem shorter once, but it still didn't look right on me, a bit too boxy and so begins my adventure in reconstruction.
I took the sleeves apart, not entirely apart but about half way from the armhole leaving it attached on the shoulder. Re-size a smaller arm hole for me and cropped the sleeve shorter to 3/4 length. Took some inches off the sides on the body and give it a waistline and added darts to the back.
Initially I thought of reshaping the collar but chicken out at the last minute. The shoulder wasn't a good fit, should have taken it apart in the first place or maybe because it was once padded, should I put the padded thing back? something to ponder about this weekend. Do excuse the wrinkle, its yet to be iron. I didn't get this done in a day or two but took me a span of some weeks.
Another adventurelicious attempt at bread making in the week
Weekend comes early this week due to Eid al-Adha, an Islamic festival celebrated today. Muslims around the world observe this event. I want to thank all who came by and left me your comments in my previous post. I appreciate it a lot.Have a good crafting weekend everyone, wherever you may be .


3 comments:
Good for you being so daring with the shirt.
I like to bake bread too.
The red jacket is very pretty and the buttons as well !
You have done a good job with you baking!!
Wow you are adventurous altering that top like that! Well done! Far beyond any sewing skills that I have!
Post a Comment