Friday, June 22, 2012

Tribute to Dragon

Wanting to stitch a Dragon so badly, for this special lady who is a dragon baby and loves dragons,  I resolved to ransack my cupboard and found this design from a forgotten book. Thou, its meant for a bookmark, I improvised for a flatfold, my very first imperfect flatfold.
Private Exchange with Dani
Design from Cross -Stitch Design from China
by Carol Phillipson
Size 5" x 10"
Fibers : DMC my choice of colors
 With my exchange for Dani, I manage to save up a Special Edition Dragon Year 2012 Bottle Opener with a Dragon design from the Tiger Beer Chinese New Year promotion in red tin box complete with the chinese word for dragon,  a small pouch from Thailand and a personalized beaded alphabet that spelled D-A-N-I in black and white, the taekwando colors for Dani. I received word of its arrival a couple days ago from Dani, thank you Dani for your kind words on my finishing. I enjoyed stitching this for you thou a bit rush to meet this final dateline.
Hoot ! Hoot !
Size : Tip of ear to bottom 5"
Width :  4 1/2"
Lace pocket depth : 2"
My first Owl
Material : Owl body ramnants Jeans fabric
Cotton and felt on wings
Felt and buttons on eyes
Nose Felt
Lace 2 1/2" Width pocket
 If you think that the eyes is slightly tilted, its because it is.  I didn't realized that the jeans remnants  is of stretchable material until I was actually sewing it on my old machine and I just don't know how to control it from pulling on the fabric, if you know what I mean.

Thank you everyone for your comments on the Shoe Festival, its a good feeling to know that post such as that is being appreciated as much as I appreciate your comments.  Blogging from now on will have to take a back seat for awhile, with things that is going I hardly could find time to write, no I should say it take time for me to blog. I do have a couple of crafty things to show but first the photos need uploading and then I  need to find words to go with it. Sorry if you don't see me leaving comments on yours thou I may have taken a peek.

I wish you a good weekend everyone and thank you for stopping by :D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dragon is so handsome, and the owl is sporting such a cute expression!
JessW.

Ellen said...

Beautiful flatfold, I sure Dani will treasure it!

Love that owl, you are great with sewing!

Hugs,

Lumiruusu said...

Hello Lillie!

I am sure that Dani loved all items you have included to the SWAP for her.
I can see that You really has collect things that are so ""Dani Style". :)

The Scissor Keeper Owl looks just perfect for me and I have to really admire your crafting skills again.

Please excuse my funny english and the bad grammar as allways. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lilly thanks for the very special exchange! You know what I completely missed the little fob you made me! I went back and looked int he pouch you had sent and there it was! It was like receiving an extra treat! I've just put it on a pair of my ginghers that has black and white zebra stripes... just perfect!

Thank you, you put so much tought into the exchange I really appreciate it!!!!!!

Carol said...

Your dragon is wonderful, Lillie--great gift for Dani :)

Sharon said...

Your dragon finish is very cool! Love it and your owl is too cute!

Dawn B. said...

Love them both