Friday, April 20, 2012

NNC 5th Anniversary

A belated post about the Needles N Craft 5th Anniversary Meet a week ago, a bit long with photos but I try to be short where I can.

I guessed the most exciting moment at this NNC Anniversary meet was revealing the BIRDS which was the Challenge of the year.  Here's a peek at all the birds that flew in to the meet for the BIRD Challenge. Its a dose of creative inspiration by all participating members, thou there was the initial discontentment and grumbling, because chickens and owls are banned ? So, exchange mommy threaten to disqualify BIRDS and confiscate all that do not meet the criteria, which I think got the creative juices flowing! Its a good thing don't you think ? There was no hard feelings as everyone was pulling at each other's leg actually and the result was these amazing creativity. A reward was given to the best bird err...creator based on votes !
The second was the food, LOL. Just take a look at the simply breathtaking and yummlicious cupcakes by Mel, the hostess this year who had graciously offered her fabulous home for the meet .
Food was potluck and I missed snaps of  foods which was put up  a bit later. Thumps up favourite, The Chocolate Fountain !
Some random snapshots from the meet.
 The Exchange Gifts
 Getting to know you
 Sharing knowledge
 Items for Sale by members
The Exchange
My Yellow Belly Birdie, bird number two, flew home with Bee Ee who drew the bird from this tray
with a number belonging to me.
With that, my package for the NNC Anniversary Gift Exchange automatically goes to Bee Ee. My contents was the Dress and the Pair, read on for the details. I hope she will enjoy using it.
and guessed whose name I drew from the tray of birdies ? Number 9 = Margaret ! I received a fabulous  needle book which also includes wonderful goodies. Like always Margaret's finishing is superb!
 Especially the mattress like pincushion  plus I love her choice of primitive colors and naturally, her loveable bird came home with me.
The dress !
Barbie was pouting because she couldn't fit in . I am not ashamed to admit that it was Barbie, or rather her dresses that gave me this idea. Thanks to Diane who loan me a dress from her Barbies' collection. The first piece was disastrous, I not only need to figured it out how to put it together but also creating the pocket space for the scissor.
I shall just call this the Dress Form Scissor's  Pocket. A  closeup photo so you get an idea of it. I had to work from scratch since I had no template . 
 That's where the pocket is and excuse me for lifting the skirt,LOL, its like a mini skirt  underneath where it holds the scissor inside.
The Pair :
Wild Strawberries Pincushion and Blossom Needlebook
Blossom needle case design adapted from Pretty Little Pincushions design by Angela Bates
which includes the design for the Wild Strawberries pincushion and both goes together.
I came home with an extra bag of door gifts, contents of which was contributed by members, its not  compulsory contribution but contributed from the heart. Much thanks to all who contributed and here's a peek at the wonderful goodies from the bag.
 I must thank Margaret and sister, Jackie for the ride both ways, sorry for the bit of commotion in the car unconsciously causing the navigator, ahem! to lost focus of the road, won't go into the details but I am so sorry ladies....LOL! The wonderful and bubbly hostess, Mel,  for the lovely door gifts not one but three pretty treasures.
and my messy craft basket after weeks of crafting thereafter.
A bake on Thursday nite, Chocolate Walnut Brownies which I cheated with Betty Crocker Brownies Mix.

Thank you all for visiting and much much appreciation for leaving your wonderful comments, must find time to tidy up my basket again and get back to routine, if there ever is one.

The house is going to be quiet this weekend as my chatter box has gone away to camp, but DH is coming home this evening.

Hope you will have a good weekend and happy crafting !

4 comments:

Siobhán said...

How fun! It looks like a very talented group. I love the bird exchange!

zarina said...

Another thing I missed at the meet. I hope that person brings it to the bee - would love to see it close up.

Mylene said...

A great post Lilie, Thanks for sharing all the pics, such lovelies!!!

Have a happy weekend!!

Lumiruusu said...

Thank You for all these interesting pictures1
You must have really great time together,all the crafted items you have make are so pretty ,especially those little "dresses for the scisors",Did I understood the idea right!?
What a fun to see one "Angry Bird" in the picture!?
Do You know that the designer of the game and those funny birds is from my country -Finland in the northest Europe !!?

The chocolate cake looks delicilous!? Enjoy Your week and all little x'stitch you make :) :)