Lets take a look at the peek-a-boo week and the hunting trip posting? I couldn't reveal the ongoings then as firstly, it was intended for the Needles n Craft 5th Anniversary Meet Exchange and challenge. Secondly, I was in between of pondering and undecided of what it will be. Then again, there was this challenge, THE BIRD Exchange that was made compulsory by the exchange mom, Margaret. Everyone had to hatch A BIRD as part of the exchange ! yet OWL and CHICKS are not considered A BIRD ! That was the undisputed rule! The best part was that there was no restrictions on the medium for the bird.
Being fickle minded like always, it took me some days to source for the bird ideas.I was totally clueless, told myself that if I I could not hatch a Bird I will not sign up, yet I knew that if I ever hatch one, mine had to be functional for use, like a pincushion or needle book. Like many times before, I always need to test the waters before embarking for the first time as the end result had to be almost good enough if not perfect to be given away.
I managed to nail down a template by Rebecca Thongkham bird and with a bit of a modification, I finally hatch my first bird. The first one had to be A ROBIN, and there was this idea of a nest.
My worry was how to weight the bird down onto its nest or will it hold Robin ?
Robin sat perfectly on a nest of flowers but I feel that a bit more weight would do better and make me feel a bit more comfortable too that it will not tumble. With some remnants felts I sew its edges to replica shreds of dried bark, twigs or rootlets of a nest. The beads and flower beads are actually pin heads. This is only the prototype! A bit cartoon~ish looking ! Come back and see the bird that was submitted for the challenge.
Next , dresses fit for a princess ? The forefront two pieces was my prototype while the 3rd piece was perfected and deem suitable for the gift exchange, unfortunately Barbie couldn't even fit into it......
A Felted Blossom needle book, a design by Angela Bate.
More felt needle book adapted from Emily Rose, of Simply Vintage Girl. Again I embellish it my way.
Come back for the preview and details and also on the Cornflower Felt pincushion and Wild Strawberries pincushion and if you are curious as to what I did with the candle stand.
Its been some productive weeks! Have a good weekend everyone. I had a great day with some wonderful ladies from my local crafting group today. Details will follow soon.
Being fickle minded like always, it took me some days to source for the bird ideas.I was totally clueless, told myself that if I I could not hatch a Bird I will not sign up, yet I knew that if I ever hatch one, mine had to be functional for use, like a pincushion or needle book. Like many times before, I always need to test the waters before embarking for the first time as the end result had to be almost good enough if not perfect to be given away.
I managed to nail down a template by Rebecca Thongkham bird and with a bit of a modification, I finally hatch my first bird. The first one had to be A ROBIN, and there was this idea of a nest.
My worry was how to weight the bird down onto its nest or will it hold Robin ?
Robin sat perfectly on a nest of flowers but I feel that a bit more weight would do better and make me feel a bit more comfortable too that it will not tumble. With some remnants felts I sew its edges to replica shreds of dried bark, twigs or rootlets of a nest. The beads and flower beads are actually pin heads. This is only the prototype! A bit cartoon~ish looking ! Come back and see the bird that was submitted for the challenge.
Next , dresses fit for a princess ? The forefront two pieces was my prototype while the 3rd piece was perfected and deem suitable for the gift exchange, unfortunately Barbie couldn't even fit into it......
A Felted Blossom needle book, a design by Angela Bate.
More felt needle book adapted from Emily Rose, of Simply Vintage Girl. Again I embellish it my way.
Come back for the preview and details and also on the Cornflower Felt pincushion and Wild Strawberries pincushion and if you are curious as to what I did with the candle stand.
Its been some productive weeks! Have a good weekend everyone. I had a great day with some wonderful ladies from my local crafting group today. Details will follow soon.






4 comments:
Wow! You have been busy, busy! So many lovely things. I really like your robin. :)
Awww, your Robin is precious, Lillie! I love your felt needlebooks too. Well done!
Very creative! Love your robin and those felt needlebooks!
Very curious, what are those little cute dresses?
Hugs,
Such pretty things you have to show us today, Lillie!! Your robin is so cute and I love those needlebooks :)
Post a Comment