Thursday, December 08, 2011

Where should I begin?

Have you been wondering what is keeping me so busy that there was no news of me for weeks and I didn't even visit you?

A lot has been happening here, stressful and crazy at times juggling between work dateline, kids and housework. I have been feeling sluggish at times. Weather has been lousy, gloomy by mid day followed with rain almost daily.  Then the pc which is only 8 months died on me after rebooting  for like two days and  the technician had to come 3 times in a week before got it fixed, today. Mom is currently recovering from a severe leg pain that affected her ability to walk for almost two weeks. Now that she is walking again, its up to her to remember all the dos and don't. It was a scary and intense week for all of us when  we feared she will never walk .

In between all the hoo-ha, DH surprised me with a short break to Genting Highland Resort,  2 nites at Highland Hotel with a great view of the lush green forest and the cable car insight. I took my Christmas stitching with me. This picture was taken at 7am from the room balcony. Looked at the fog! Its brrr...cold!
And the Indoor Atrium at First World is just like a city within a building that never sleeps. All the shops are having a great Christmas sales too
I call this the wall of spices, where all kinds of spices and flour lined  a wall

I attended the 8th Annual charity dinner for needy pupils again, also because my boss is the Vice Chairman  and Diane's Yamaha Piano examination and performance at a mall's opening is also done with and I am almost done with my Christmas stitching  while my WIPs take a set back . In fact I haven't been stitching any of my WIP  since my last last post. Some of the Christmas stitching are going away, I can only reveal later then.

Chinese New Year will be early next year, approximately a month after Christmas and while shopping for some home furnishings taking advantage of the Christmas sales I couldn't resists these fabrics.

Some days ago, I mailed out my first exchange of the year, a Christmas Box with HOE, I think this box turned out rather nicely, now my only hope is that it will arrive safely and quickly, hopefully next week I get to hear some news of it and hope that my partner likes what I sent her. Until then I will not be able to post pictures.

The last piece of stitching is not mine but a wonderful gift from Mylene, the design is from the JCS Christmas Ornament 2010 issue, correct me if I am wrong and finishing it into a flatfold is simply perfection . Thank you so much Mylene. Its my perfect gift this season !

Dinner tonite, pan fried salmon on spinach with buttered bread. The slice of orange is to add color to the plate..LOL
This is just about what is going on with me the past few weeks. I am sure everyone is busy too with Christmas now just around the corner. Thank you everyone who continue to come by and took time to leave me your comments I so appreciate.

Take care!

2 comments:

Barbara J said...

Sometimes, things just get really crazy all of a sudden. Glad your mom is recovering.

Lovely gift from Mylene!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Life certainly throws you for a loop sometimes!

What a beautiful piece you received from Mylene.