Christmas is fast approaching, its difficult not to feel festive when all the shops are filled with Christmas merchandise but Chinese New Year cookies has hit the shelves as well and you know its fast approaching too when you see persimmons and mandarin oranges at the wet market as well as in supermarkets which is like constantly reminding. I have completed my Christmas stitching, well except two smallies and been concentrating on constructing with the finishing the past week. Some of the finishes, Prairie Schooler Snowman Freebie on 18ct aida tea dyed fabric by me.
Jinglebell Reindeer, a 2010 freebie by Daffycat
In my last post, I mentioned about the rain, an exceptionally heavy rain these days could easily engulfed a vital artery of the capital city in under an hour. This was the scene on the evening of December 13 along Jalan Tun Razak bringing traffic to a standstill.
The heavy downpour caused a nearby river, Sungai Bunus a tiny river to swell and overflow its banks and wreaking havoc on thousands of commuters along that road. Ten years ago, I used to be commuting on that very road to work. I am glad I have got out of the city and no longer got caught in the rush hour traffic and the massive jam or flash flood.
On Dec 14 that very road was back to normal but by 3:30pm some other areas were hit instead when rain came pouring again.
What was the response from the Drainage and Irrigation Department ? 100mm of rain was “exceptional and isolated” and their plan to reduce the impact of heavy rain in the area in future, using a system similar to the SMART Tunnel to divert excess floodwaters from Sungai Bunus to Sungai Gombak and water catchment. For now, the Meteorological Department has issued a “yellow alert” advisory on its website for heavy rain and thunderstorm. As I am writing this post, the sky look cloudy with the grey ones can be seen hovering in the distance.
For now, go hop over to Victorian Motto Sampler for some fun and a chance to win a fantastic floss giveaway! You won't be disappointed.
Winter Squirrel design by Victoria Sampler on evenweave
Candy Cane Wishes, Plum Pudding Needle design on 32 ct Belfast White linenJinglebell Reindeer, a 2010 freebie by Daffycat
In my last post, I mentioned about the rain, an exceptionally heavy rain these days could easily engulfed a vital artery of the capital city in under an hour. This was the scene on the evening of December 13 along Jalan Tun Razak bringing traffic to a standstill.
The heavy downpour caused a nearby river, Sungai Bunus a tiny river to swell and overflow its banks and wreaking havoc on thousands of commuters along that road. Ten years ago, I used to be commuting on that very road to work. I am glad I have got out of the city and no longer got caught in the rush hour traffic and the massive jam or flash flood.
On Dec 14 that very road was back to normal but by 3:30pm some other areas were hit instead when rain came pouring again.
Picture courtesy of The Star
What was the response from the Drainage and Irrigation Department ? 100mm of rain was “exceptional and isolated” and their plan to reduce the impact of heavy rain in the area in future, using a system similar to the SMART Tunnel to divert excess floodwaters from Sungai Bunus to Sungai Gombak and water catchment. For now, the Meteorological Department has issued a “yellow alert” advisory on its website for heavy rain and thunderstorm. As I am writing this post, the sky look cloudy with the grey ones can be seen hovering in the distance.
For now, go hop over to Victorian Motto Sampler for some fun and a chance to win a fantastic floss giveaway! You won't be disappointed.



5 comments:
Your ornaments are all beautiful! Lovely finishing.
All that rain is scary, isn't it, when the water overflows so quickly. We had that happen here a couple years ago and people are still recovering.
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Love your new header! Your ornaments are gorgeous!
Happy Holidays!
Hugs,
Love that squirrel ornament!
Lovely ornaments
I love your ornament finishes. Don't you just adore Daffycat's reindeer? The PS one is too cute.
Post a Comment