Thursday, November 03, 2011

HALLO~WHEEEN ??!

and so I missed HALLOWEEN Greetings, the one time of  a year when being morbid and gross is just part of the season and requires no explanation.
Its one of my favourite season, yet Chinese especially with old folks still living and in Fung Shui, its not ideal to decorate the house with dark ghostly and ghastly things. It might just scare the living away nor giving ideas to the underworld to come visiting, especially into the house is  a No No as its NOT a good omen, but the festivity is in the air with Halloween parties and Halloween games especially at theme parks as well as  with some shopping malls. It seems business renting costume was doing pretty well too. Anyway, hoped you had a great  Eat, Drink and Scary Halloween!
I am still trying to catch a breather and when I could, I stitch a couple of smalls. I may not be able to complete what I stitched into a finished piece, but at least I complete what I had intended to stitch.
Winter Squirrel - Just Nan
DMC 712 - 918 - 355 - 3865 - 3051 - 420
and tiny flower buttons
JSC Christmas Ornament Issue
Snowman's Quaker Christmas
Heart's Desire - Midnight Stitching Freebie
DMC712 -310 - 794
Both on 28 count Evenweave , tea dyed by me
A new start on one Sunday afternoon. I thought I could complete this the day itself, but something came up mid-way and I didn't got to continue stitching thereafter.
Part 2 of Once Upon A Time series, got halt midway too. By the way, I think I am running short of Belle Soie Icing. The supply looked in sufficient, anyone experience the shortage? Do I have a cause to worry?
Sometime in the month, I got to work a lil'bit on my LHN Stitching Needlework RR. However, progress of it is not enough for a peek as yet.

When you are like me, constantly on the move and having a bit of a time while waiting, a bit means anything from one hour to four and sometimes I found myself unprepared, unprepared because I forgot to packed the night before or I had a change of mind because the project was to big to work at a venue where I will be or maybe because I remembered the time wrongly or even sometimes a class got cut short or extended at the last minute, but still I had to take something  to kill time, the waiting time. The felt flower project above is one of those moments. Idea from A Spoonful of Sugar, much much thanks to  BJ for the link.

Till my next post, have a good day and a great weekend !

ClipArt by Amazing-Animations.com

5 comments:

Mylene said...

...with being so busy most of the time, the months flown by so quickly and we are near the end of the year again, always thought of catching up on stitching and blogs but haven't, so sorry i miss your birthday lately. Hope you have had a good one.

Cute Just Nan finish, love the flower buttons!

Precious Crafts said...

I am also in the habit of having my stitching stuff with me all the time - in case I have moments of respite, and I especially like to stitch under the sunlight. Stitching in the evening strains my eyes.

Brigitte said...

We don't have a Halloween tradition either here but for the last ten years or so the young people have adopted Halloween to some extent and have their Halloween parties.
You've stitched two very lovely ornaments so far. And your new WIPs look very good so far.

Nima said...

so good to see you with new post..i was thinking of you...i love the cutie snowman...and the felt flowers

Siobhán said...

Your projects are all wonderful!