Thursday, October 06, 2011

Baby going home to mama

Its the final and the last  round of our LHN/CCN Stitching Needlework RR organized by Margaret W for NNC group and I am  to bid farewell, actually shamefully admit am not only  the last person to complete this round, am also the last person to sent this home to its mama Joanne which is today..
 A preview of Joanne's RR
I stitched  Embroidery Guild for Joanne with some omission from the original design. Its not the initial choice. It was supposed to be Quilt Time but due to my square was short of 5 count in width, the option was either to chop something off from the design or substitute for another chart. A little discussion offlist with Joanne concluded with Embroidery Guild being chosen as the substitute with me given the total decision making from the chart design to DMC substitute thread color choices. Now that's a big hat for me. I hope Joanne you like what I have done for you.

For all the stitching ladies, namely, Diane M (South Carolina, U. S. A), Joanne N (Pahang), JuneT (Petaling Jaya) and Margaret W (Kuala Lumpur). I made each one a little gift,  Thread/Ribbon winder as a token of appreciation for doing the RR with me.
The RR them is LHN/CCN Stitching Needlework at  NNC group organized by Margaret W for year 2011 running through January to October. Here's a sneak preview of all the RRs with the first preview belongs to June's who choose  a nine squares block
So did Diane
Margaret's choice was individual pieces including a name block square which I have omitted here together with one other piece that I could not locate the picture from the group's album.
What a relieved that all is done now. However,  I can't totally breath a sigh of relieve yet, not until I know for sure that Joanne's RR is home safely . Until then, fingers crossed and I shall say a little prayer.

Thank you for coming by and for your wonderful comments in my last post.

7 comments:

Barbara J said...

Congratulations on a successful RR! Fantastic work by everyone involved!

zarina said...

Lille - where do you get your thread winder? I am looking for some to use on my hand dyed threads and have not found any (well I did not look hard enough though).

Lana said...

Wow! Those RR's look gorgeous! You all did a beautiful job!!

Siobhán said...

Wow, what fantastic pieces!! I swore off RRs years ago when both RRs I participated in went awry, but it's always good to hear when they turn out well. Beautiful pieces--each one of them!

Anonymous said...

They all look great, it IS a busy time of year.
JessW.

Meari said...

Beautiful Round Robin!

Brigitte said...

All these RRs are a pleasure to look at.