Sunday, October 02, 2011

The bees..bees...busy months ahead

Every 2nd half of the year are always the busiest months. There seems to be more birthdays plus more festivity and public holidays while at work more datelines and like always around this time of the year,  time is never on my side. I shall not go into the nitty gritty of it for now. And when one lives in a tropical weather, one can't escape the humidity whether its the blazing hot sun or when its just about to rain. Rain it did and looks like will be around for a while too.

Nevertheless, I had had a fantastic week, a wonderful dinner with the family, some wonderful friends who sent messages my way and  fantastic packages came landed on my doorstep. It took me some days to blog about these and put it together because I couldn't do this in one sitting and most time I am lost for words as I am always in a hurry for things that need attending always gets in the way.
Bake myself a Marble cake with Chocolate Fudge
The first birthday pressie to arrived weeks ahead was from June.  I received the most  beautiful little treasures and goodies. Antique sewing tags  and spool, my initial needleminder and a star threader.
From Margaret, I received the most gorgeous mattress cushion which was finished to perfection, a book on cartonage which is a wonderful book for references and beautiful cuts of fabrics.
BJ's gift arrived on the actual day, giving me a feel of Paris. The famous  BD design, Souvenir de France was finished into a stitcher's purse complete with the Eiffel tower charm, a Kelmscott Paris needleminder  and even a French Oriental charm packs named  Pom-pom de Paris. A Joyous Heart Chart by Homespun and some binding tapes (or was it tape binds?) with some sweet selection of DMC flosses were among the things that came.
From Jess, an amazingly unique ribbon winder in beautifully tiny stitches that reminds me of  those paper dolls that children played dressing up with paper cut out dresses while with this, I had ribbons to play dressup with. Also in the package is another stitched piece of an owl scissor finished into a pouch.And that was not all that came in the package,  a cute owl button, a chart 'Les Yeux Doux' by TourniC Ot On and a French Lace Monogram that coincidentally I was admiring from some sites just the other day.
Thank you so much ladies, I just loved it, your thoughtfulness and generosity overwhelms me. I just want you to know that I appreciate all that you sent my way .

From Mum, she gave me the Elizabeth Arden Green-Tea Parfum/Bath/Body lotion set, her second gift. She gave me a gift a couple of months earlier and I thought she forgotton but no. Thanks, Mum!
and me pampering me self
Some 8meters of Lumiere De Noel fabrics by Moda and what am I going to do with  it? For now it goes into my fabric bin. I blame Margaret (in a good way of course)  for enabling me on this! ..LOL

and DD found this amazing box for me, now all I need is some time to think of how to dress this up. Measuring L22.5 x W16.5 x H9cm
Thanks for coming by, I  appreciate your visits and time to leave me your comments while I have been neglecting my blog read or rather I haven't been leaving my comments on my visits. My apology. Its one of those times that hopefully things will get back to normal from being in a mad rush of getting things done as the year winds down...hopefully.

Have a good week ahead.
 

11 comments:

zarina said...

You have many good friends. Happy birthday and enjoy the gifts.

barbara said...

What absolutely beautiful treasures you've received!

Our busy period begins Dec 5th, when we start with the Dutch Christmas celebrations. Then Arden's birthday on the 20th, Christmas the 25th, the long "old and new" celebration over the New Year, Nick and Rowen's birthdays, and then Max's. Phew. By the time it's over, I'm fed up with baking cakes! LOL!

Barbara J said...

Oh my Lillie, what lovely gifts!

June's were absolutely classy. MW's (swoon) super gorgeous mattress pin cushion. And Jess' fabulous thread / lace winder. What a genius creation!

So glad you had a good time even with your busy year-end schedule.

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday! You have wonderful gifts, enjoy!

Hugs,

Margaret wong said...

You have been terribly spoilt!!!! Lovely gifts from family and friends, needless to say, you deserve it all! I am sure you'll come up with some great ways of using up the Moda fabrics :)

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC stitching from everyone, a lovely haul on your special day. Love the fabs and box that DD found. Hope kitty is on the mend.
JessW.

Brigitte said...

Happy Birthday to you, Lillie. Enjoy all your absolutely amazing gifts from friends and family.

Lumiruusu said...

Hello Lillie!

Happy Birthay dear!
You have get amazing gifts!
The mattres.pincushion is so beautifuls and so is everything else.
I love the BBD Souvenir de Paris design and it would be a lovely gift when finished to my friend who actually visited Paris last summer.
I am so happy to read that your lovely kitty is feeling better now.
Is she/ a siamese-cat?
How is he called?

I love cats as you know..
our Norwegian Forest Cat-sisters Melissa and Namine are my babyes :)

Siobhán said...

What wonderful gifts! Happy belated birthday!

Janet C said...

A lovely haul of gifts! :)

Patty C. said...

Great gifts - And you are right - that mattress pincushion is perfect.

What a fantastic box - lots of compartments for stitchy things ;)