Friday, August 05, 2011

My heart misses a beat

I thought I had the last stitched at 7am on the 2nd of August, the date of the mail out day. Unfortunately for me, it was not meant to be.
For you see, the French knots for the pins are not done which I had left out meant for last to  stitch and  had overlooked! Then, there was the border and my initial which I had totally forgot, must be the age thing, so the stitching continued after all the day's chores is done  into the next morning, and I'm late to mail out by one day!

Finally completed on Wednesday morning at 7:35am! This is for the NNC group's LHN/CCN Stitching Needlework Round Robin.

Design name CCN - The Needlework shop , stitched for Margaret W, all original colors : DMC threads.

One more round to go, and I am holding my breath for my baby to come home. I had a peek at my piece when  Diane posted in her blog. She did a wonderful job and I am so loving it!

Next, on to another sewing 
I was desperately in need of a gift for Jamis's birthday a fortnight ago. I thought a bag would be more appropriate for someone who  almost don't craft, least with this she could use  it to carry her everything  rather than collecting dust in a little showcase that gets added-on only once a year.  By googling I found many wonderful bag ideas and  nailed down a few but choose this,   The Wasp bag  (with pattern) as my choice for its simplicity and easy on me for my bold leafy fabric. The sewing went smoothly and I even made two since I had sufficient fabric. Gave the other one to mom.
Its a bit smaller than the original size. Finished size approximately : 15" x 13" x 3", Fully lined, it has a key strap and an internal pocket complete with a shoulder strap. The Wasp bag design  adapted from  here by Alison and I've added a rosette brooch  to go on the bag since my strap was too simple and plain looking. Here's a closeup of the rosette.
Before July comes to an end, I also had this freebie stitched up on 14 count Pink Aida. I was then toying with an idea for my intended bag before the Wasp bag design came calling, I can't visualize the need for it now. Maybe later.
Design Freebie  Primitive Bettys, DMC Threads.,

As I write this, the final Round Robbin arrived day before yesterday. This round belongs to Joanne and I am the last to stitch, all the ladies had done an amazing job. Not going to reveal for now but in a couple of weeks time.   Till then, have a good weekend, wherever you may be. Thank you for visiting me and for your time in leaving me your comments. Much appreciated !

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Beautiful stitching, love it! I had a peek at your RR piece on Diane's blog, it's gorgeous! Can't wait to see the completed RR.

Love your bag, you are great at sewing!

Hugs,

Lana said...

Those are all gorgeous!! Great job, Lillie!

barbara said...

Everything looks so wonderful - you're SO talented!! :D

Siobhán said...

Beautiful work! The CCN piece is so cute, as is the Primitive Betty's design. Your bag turned out so nice! I love the fabrics for it.

Brigitte said...

A great RR piece you stitched. It's always such an excitement when a completed RR gets back to its home.
That bag is so beautiful. What a great job you made on it.