Friday, July 29, 2011

Sticky business

I didn't get work into trouble, the sticky business I got myself into was in a good way as with sticky flour,  kneading and punching and folding. LOL. I am still at bread making, at least once a week. Sometimes the bread turned out soft with a lovely crusty crust while at times not cottony soft and a bit dense. And my quest in search for a simple and easy everyday bread is still ongoing. Sharing here are some successful bake.
Soft Chocolate chip buttered cookies that was  packed away for Diane for some school thing.
Cupcakes using the recipes from Passion Fruit cake, adapted from Honeybeesweet blog.
On one of my trip to get some baking supplies at my regular shop, Yumi Bakery, I was drawn to a pre-mixed of multigrain bread flour, although knowingly that 'my prince and princess' are not too fond of coarse, chewy and rustic bread, but I went ahead buying  a packet home as this pre-pack mixed is an out of convenience option that saved me from buying different types of grains and seeds in a certain quantity, after all this is going to be my first trial and  I use half of the portion from the pack.
This may be nutritious but the kids don't even fancy wholemeal grains in their bread, so this was no exception
it goes with some pan fried chicken and salad to get them to eat, both commented as "Ooookaaay..lah" which easily translated to  'please don't give us this bread again'
I am still trying to perfect my white bread, I googled search a few and tried what I thought to be easy on me
 
from AllRecipes.com
this is the Amish White Bread
English Bread  was the most satisfying bread to have come out of my oven, crusty on the outside and soft inside.

Stitching in progress ? details and pictures soon. In the meanwhile, have a good happy weekend everyone.

4 comments:

Lana said...

Dang it! Now I want chocolate chip cookies!!! LOL...wow, my mouth is watering now!

Anonymous said...

Your wholemeal loaf looks scrummy.
JessW.

barbara said...

I'm hungry now! That whole grain bread looks utterly delicious!

Siobhán said...

Yumm! My kids are 17 and 21 years old and all refuse to eat any breads with seeds. *bangs head on the wall*