Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Red Red Roselle and White White Bread

Ever seen these berries before? It was my first. MIL pointed out to me some two weeks ago. The village folks called it ribena berries and coincidental, an aunt had a couple of plants in her yard and I waste no time to harvest the fruits . It also flowers a beautiful bloom. I forgot to snap a picture of the plant. Next time. Its actually a tropical fruit related to the Hibiscus family, known as Roselle which has 5 lobes or calyxes of the deepest velvety maroon that produces Roselle syrup in large quantity or lesser Roselle tea. It taste no less like the store bought ribena.

Am on half day's leave today as Diane has her Yamaha Grade 5 Performance (A Diploma grade Piano) exam in the afternoon, thereafter, we got home before 6 and I attempted my first White Bread loaf. I google for an easy simple bread dough and found this simple White Bread recipe that I forgot to save up the link as I was working my dough directly online, the recipe is definitely for keep, gotta google for it again.The dough after the kneading and sticky part done withThe dough risen after an hour, kneading again after 10 minutes and another hour again laterGoes into the oven and 20 minutes later, hot from the ovenThe result, I can say bye bye to Gardenia.....LOL

So its June already, time really flies by don't they? Things hasn't been smooth sailing on the home front. Health wise hasn't been good for me since the begining of the year, actually from  last year. The family also had a dark moment with the passing of an aunt, DH side of the family only recently and Vincent had a bit of an accident, luckily with no seriously injury, only the car but I think he is a bit shaken up, only not showing.

I thank you so much for visiting while I seriously am still struggling to find time to go on my blog rounds, I thank you for visiting me and for your time to leave me your lovely comments.


4 comments:

Barbara J said...

So glad that Vincent is OK. Must have been an experience for him. The bread looks yummy and I know the kitchen must have smelt great!

Take it easy ... one day at a time ...

barbara said...

So very sorry to hear of the woes that have followed you - I hope you'll soon be enjoying happier and healthier times.

I love your bread! Coincidentally, I'm baking bread today, too! :D

Zoe said...

Looks delicious- whenever I look at your blog I get hungry :)

The Heart of Paul said...

You can make Roselle jam Lillie. I don't know how but I've tasted a homemade Roselle Jam and it's quite alright.