Monday, June 06, 2011

NNC June's meet

At MidValley last Saturday. Its one of the rare occasion that I could attend. Thou it was a small group that day with only a handful of members who could comeby but it was great to meet everyone that I had met before and also meeting Tini, Vivian and Shanny for the first time. 
Everyone having a cuppa before everything else. Yes, there's a thorn among the roses, who stitched, crochet, knit, tatted, sew and cook.......and ..pssst ...whispering..... good looking and eligible too.
 (OOps!!! I shall not attend a meet  so soon again) :P
Highlight of the meet was Aniza's Cross Stitch De-Stash comprising of Charts, chart packs, fabrics and flosses.Its like a whole store being brought in front of you. Coincidentally, I bumped into Eling at the Food court and after some persuasion, she agreed to joined us, with MW's OK of course ;P
Seen above, charts presented for selection lot by lot according to designers or theme.
Next came the flosses presented by batches accordingly too and spread out  for anyone interested to pick their colors
Lastly was the fabrics of linen and evenweave in mixed cuts and fat quarts. We also had a show and tell session. This is the LHN - Stitching Needlework RR currently running.
Mel came with her lovely crocheted cupcakes key holders, forgot to ask if its for sale
MW's brought her pretty mug rug, her first trial piece and was explaining, no, sharing her experience

I missed Vivian's show and tell, I was told she's into book binding and cards ? and its fabulous
and ME? mine has to be the only one thing that I brought as a gift for Shanny, who was  home from Switzerland  for a short holiday with her family.
I made her a needlebook using my teadyed fabric with Japanese cotton finishing. I finished this from an idea I took from my cartonage lesson. This finishing method is nothing new, I've seen it in blogland for sometime, its only me who never attempted it before. Took one half of the design from Erica Michaels freebie / Rainbow Gallery. Design name : May's "Home Tweet Home" with my choice floss colors. (DMC 838, 150, 420,783). Created '2011' in DMC 3866. Finished size : 13 x 8cm.
These came home with me.

And finally I stole this......shot
I got a peek at my LHN Stitching Needlework Theme RR, thanks to MW who posted it to the group album and I just had to steal a photo of it. Its been five months since it left me, two more squares to go and baby gonna be home.... much much much anticipated
Thanks Joanne and MW, the two lovely ladies who had stitched and completed their rounds on my RR

Roselle jam sure sounds yummy, Thanks Paul. Will keep  in mind, must go read up a bit more on this too.

Thank you for visiting :)

Have a good week ahead everyone till I see you next.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

It's lovely to meet up with fellow stitchers! Love your needlebook and RR piece!

Beautiful stash you have, love those threads!

Miss my dumplings, my Mum did not made any this year!

Hugs,

The Heart of Paul said...

Aww shucks! *shy*