Tra-la-la design, 32ct Belfast White with CC and DMC stitched one over two, finished into another box topper with a red velvet binding. One thing that I was not taught during my cartonage lesson is how to complete the box with binding and so I did it my way, the best as I think it should. Obviously it wasn't perfect and so was my finishing, there seems to be something that I couldn't get it perfectly with every box I have made thus far, kinda frustrating.
I so need more practice!! or maybe I need another 'sifu' ;/The closure holder in beads, was looking for a similar theme charm but the heart shape beads caught my attention instead. Inside of the box where the divider and magnetic pin holder are both removables. Strawberry cotton fabric on the outside and polka dots on the inside.
A strawberry pincushion that was too big to go into the box this round.
Box size : W11cm x L13cm x H4cm
Two cuts of Japanese design fabrics : Kona Bay and Versailles - Cheri L Strole
plus two skeins : Silk Mori 1117 and Waterlillies promegrate (Silk) along with a pair of Japanese Girl Fancy Scissor
The final picture before the items was packed away and sent away to June T, for her birthday which arrived 3 days late.. Late on my part.Thank you for visiting and hope you'll have a good weekend.








10 comments:
Wonderful Finish !!!
My goodness look at the amount of stitching involved. Just fabulous!
Try as I might, I cannot find any faults in your cartonnage making. It looks really good and sturdy to me. And the fabric ... delicious!
Wow- I absolutely love this Lillie- I am crazy for anything strawberries- love the way you finished it! Have a good weekend!!
What a wonderful creation! Congratulations!!!
A very pretty box! Lucky June T.
Beautiful stitching, love this design! Your box looks great to me, I'm sure your friend will love it.
Love your giant strawberry too!
Hugs,
Yes, I'm the lucky recipient of these goodies. No, I couldn't find anything wrong with the cartonnage either. You're good at improvising with the one cartonnage that we'd learnt. Remind me to hand over to you some coins for that pair of scissors when we meet next. Thanks, once again, Lillie.
What a fabulous set off gifts for your friend. They are all gorgeous!
Oh my gosh, Lillie, they are beautiful!! What gorgeous work. That starawberry is just adorable, and the box--phenomenal. Great job!
Oh my, this is just gorgeous. What a wonderful box you made, with matching stitched design and fabric. It's a dream!!
Post a Comment