Saturday, May 14, 2011

First in May

Another round of box making. Still haven't got the hang of it and nope! still haven't perfected my template cutting skills.


Box size : 17.5cm x 16cm
Topper design : Blackbird Peacock Pinkeep
Threads : DMC on my own tea dyed evenweave fabric

Box fabric : Outer case : Live Life @ Japanese fabric

Inside : Cotton : Forgot to note

In the box, a pincushion with 2 floss holder rings
This was my birthday gift for Barbara , BJ as she is fondly known among us, who has caught up with garment sewing lately, so I thought that some sewing threads and buttons would be a good stash in the box. Also in the package are 2 cuts of Yuko Saito fabrics. Hopefully she will find them suitable for her sewing needs.

In between, I am stitching the 3rd Round of the LHN Stitching Needlework RR. This round belongs to Diane, USA. I am to stitch Colonial Dry Goods with a bit of changes on its border. Mailing date is due on June 2, preview before the month ends.


Till then, happy weekend everyone, thank you for visiting me and for your comments too, appreciate it :D

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hhmm, looks like pretty perfect template cutting to me.
JessW.

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Lillie,

That is stunningly beautiful! I wish I could finish my samplers better. I've wanted to try making a box but it looks so hard.......I really love the inside of it too.
Gorgeous!

Jennifer

Ellen said...

Beautiful box! You would be an expert in no time! Love your stitching and fabric for this box. I am sure BJ would love it with all the extras.

Hugs,

barbara said...

You did a BEAUTIFUL job!! Your friend will treasure this forever! :D

Ranae said...

It looks perfect to me. I wish I had a box like that
Awesome piece!

Sharon said...

The box is gorgeous Lillie!

Cindy's Stitching said...

That is adorable. I love the peacock.

Mylene said...

Very neat and perfectly finished, Lillie. Great job!!