Monday, May 02, 2011

Mother's Day come early

This beautifully stitched mug rug,my first mug rug came from BJ as my Mother's day gift. If only DS had not spoilt the surprised part when he mindlessly forgot to inform me of its arrival two Fridays ago. I only got it on Wednesday and that too if BJ had not personally inquired if her package arrived, I would not have known. So sorry BJ to have kept you wondering why I had not acknowledged receiving the gift when I actually had no idea it. A mug rug with one part stitched, design by Plum Street Samplers (eited : I got it all wrong earlier) that coincidentally depicting this mama and her two kids. I have been contemplating for so long wanting to stitch this design but now I have it finished for me. Thank you so much BJ for your thoughtfulness, truly appreciate it, you can bet on it that everytime I have my cuppa, I will have warm thoughts of you.

I had also been making another box, putting lesson learnt into practice but a smaller version of it. Smaller means that I had to work out my own maths, not only for the size of the box but also manually cutting out the templates minus proper cutting tools that would otherwise produce perfect sizing, so this come with flaws... here and there and with clumsy hands you can imagine.

Box topper topper from the April 2008 issue Cross Country Stitching, design named Homestyle, I added the words 'needles and pins' . Still haven't mastered the art yet, especially to attach the cover onto the box.




Inside fabric of the box with a matching pumpkin pincushion, a sewing machine charm on a ric-rag for hold/pull up cover top(Stole the picture from Jess) and contained a Kemlscott Butterfly thread winder, the pincushion is removable
Plus two spools of DMC quilting threads in Red and 2 cuts of Yuko Saito fabrics
Made with Jess W in mind for her birthday. Happy Belated Birthday, Jess, so glad to know it arrived safely amidst the heavy downpour.

Thank you for visiting and thanks to all who have added to be my followers.

7 comments:

Barbara J said...

Most welcomed Lillie. And glad you liked it albeit some anxiety!

Great work on the box and as I said earlier, so much work on the stitching! Wonderful birthday package for JW!

Janet C said...

Lovely gifts received & sent!
Happy Mother's Day, Lillie! ;)

Anonymous said...

Lillie, Thank you so much, that little treasuer box is "me" on every level.
JessW.xx.

Ellen said...

Love your box! Great work on the stitching and finishing!

Enjoy your beautiful mug rug, I love it!

Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Goodness, didn't realise you changed your header - great pics.
JessW

Cindy said...

Wow..those are lovely gifts sent and received. :)

Sharon said...

I love this box even more! It's great. Lovely gift you received!