Tuesday, January 18, 2011

There's tomorrow still

Haven't been stitching since I finished my RR and got it mailed off , all because I didn't sign-up for any exchange to start the year with and that gives me a stress-free no stitching feel. So when January came, there's this Company Dinner in the first weekend of the month to attend. Then things for the coming festivity took over life. According to the Chinese Calender, its exactly two weeks from today. I am pretty sure that the two weeks will come very quickly while there's tons yet to be done. For one, I have not spring clean the house. I have done bit of shopping for some new things for the kids thou, including some new clothing for my those that need giving, and the house is not decorated yet , the gift-giving things has not been purchase either and MIL has given me a list of things to buy which is still not done yet. I've told myself I will do it tomorrow, that was what I told myself yesterday and the day before, as a matter of fact, I said that since last weekend!! yet there is still tomorrow....

On Saturday, I had my grocery shopping trolley filled to the brim that has got nothing to do with the festivity, may be a bit for the cookies and cake things that I intend to bake a few.
Last Sunday, I was summon for a tete-a-tete at LeVain Boulangerie to meet some wonderful ladies and a gentleman, it was a great pleasure to have finally met Paul.LeVain Boulangerie is a patisserie ( picture above from google search)Full house at 10:30am with the breakfast crowd and I thought we were early !
buns and puffs, most trays were empty by the time we started kitchen staff hard at work and people were queuing here...waiting for the hot from the oven!
yummylicious cakesSweet tempting colorful macaroons, which is overly too sweet to my taste
Diane's choice of Apricot Sunrise and Bartlett Strawberry Tart, not in the pic a slice of Chicken pizza
Seriously, I can't make up my mind everything looked fantastically yummy, but finally settled for these, Turkey Ham Epi and Chocolate chip Bread. Our first cuppa was Latte and Americano. I am suppose to watch my diet, I have about 6 more stubborn kilos to shed which kept piling back every one two kilos I lost and am very sure this will do me no good, but for now I am not countingDiane's choice for dessert, Ananas ,soft and fine texture, importantly Diane says its so yummy
Can you believed we sat through lunch or rather 3pm I think ? My last cuppa, Green Tea. while Diane had Rose Hip, I did not leave empty handed. I tarpau (take-away) the Chicken Curry Donut and the Beef Curry Donut which was exceptionally delicious and the Caramel Nut Danish that Margaret was raving about, mini croissant, Turkey Ham & Egg tart and the Chocolate log bread that everyone was queuing to buy. It's the most expensive bread/pastries I have ever spent on in a single day ! LOL

Above all, I enjoyed tremendously, we laugh and talk at almost everything from crafting good and crafting turn bad and in between there were show and tell. BJ brought her quilts and doll quilts, I got two of her numerous pieces here
June brought Diane's fabulous RR, Margaret came with her awesome books and charts she bought from her trip to London, and her fabulous finished LHN Neighbourhood, Paul with his knitting, all of which I forgot to snap pictures and Jackie , thanks so much for the ride both ways.

And me? June's RR and Mary Wingham June's RR came on 6th with her amazing chart program
Mary that is not quite there yet but I am getting there.

Thanks to BJ who also gave me lesson on how to applique and the hexagon pieces. Very much appreciated. We also discussed on the best way to finishing a curve especially for a heart shape.


Thanks ladies and gentleman for the great company and hope we can do this again.
To all who came visiting and leaving your comments thank you all for coming by and leaving your lovely comments.. Happy stitching and crafting!

2 comments:

Barbara J said...

Most welcome Lillie. It's more like the blind leading the blind. My applique still needs a LOT of work but the concept is there.

I had a great time too, enjoyed the company ... and food immensely.

Margaret said...

Oh my Lillie, what a fun time you all must have had. All the goodies look wonderful - what to choose?