My first finished for the year. Stitched on Rustico Aida 28ct. Overall size 8cm x 10cm. Its a simple design by me to coincide with the Year of the Rabbit and I do have finishing idea for this already.
A red blouse with a Chinese design and mandarin color is what I had in mind for this piece of cotton batik sarong I bought sometime ago from one of my trip to Trengganu. I got upset with the fabric when it bleed and stained the white during washing and decided I can't use it for what it was intended . That was 3 years ago. Last Sunday, I decided that instead of it taking up space in the drawer or before it disintegrate, the least I could use it to practice cutting and sewing a blouse and if it goes wrong I won't feel the pinch of wasting a fabric. If otherwise, I don't mind wearing it one time only and discard it, caused its going to be a lesson well learnt. I was so prepared for the worst, surprisingly it went smoothly both cutting and sewing, even the sewing machine behaved !
Finished sewing this on Monday nite, now left with the side opening to hem and the biggest challenge of all, the mandarin collar to fix. This gives me the jitters ! I have temporary fix the collar with pins to ensure the size fits the collar opening. I had envision of all the unthinkable that could surface with this!! and I shall attempt sewing it tonite, if I got enough courage....wish me luck!

For the first time, Pos Malaysia came up with new stamps that has sort of a significant to the Chinese New Year's zodiac . Actually theme Children's pet and it has one design with a rabbit in what appeared to look like a Chinese ancient coin and in red and gold .
Thank you for visiting and leaving me your comments.
Finished sewing this on Monday nite, now left with the side opening to hem and the biggest challenge of all, the mandarin collar to fix. This gives me the jitters ! I have temporary fix the collar with pins to ensure the size fits the collar opening. I had envision of all the unthinkable that could surface with this!! and I shall attempt sewing it tonite, if I got enough courage....wish me luck!
For the first time, Pos Malaysia came up with new stamps that has sort of a significant to the Chinese New Year's zodiac . Actually theme Children's pet and it has one design with a rabbit in what appeared to look like a Chinese ancient coin and in red and gold .
Thank you for visiting and leaving me your comments.
4 comments:
I am very very impressed! And the top looks so pretty in that colour. Just in time for CNY!! Very nice satin trimming on the collar too.
Take the sewing methodically and it should turn out right. I should be heeding my own advice.
Love the colors in the shirt. The rabbit is pretty.
Love the bunny- so cute!
Cute rabbit and love your CNY blouse! It looks like it's coming up a winner!
Post a Comment