Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hoping over to a New Year

Another year, the year of the rabbit is coming to end very fast, like last year the firm toast goodbyes to clients and suppliers last night. On the home front, the year end hasn't been pretty good. Some unforeseen event leading to some plans having to be temporarily shelved. School will start  its new term on the 4th, which means I will need to re-shuffle my time yet again. I had no new year resolutions, like last year and the year before and years before the years, I just take one step at a time and deal with it, what come may. So at the stroke of midnight, the kids and me will take a short stroll to watch the fireworks at KLCC from a distance, if it didn't rain.


I haven't been stitching the past week or rather after I completed all my Christmas mailing. Instead I have been battling with my old machine. Its the time of the year again for another Chinese blouse . Its quite done but not without flaws, I thought its going to be easy since I manage one pretty well last year but apparently not. I had the front slit a bit too low. Must have placed my template a bit off . The collar was also tiny bit too large for my neck and can't be rectified unless I want to with  remnants fabric to cut the entire back piece. I don't know if I will sew another  piece but I'll proceed with the Chinese frog buttons to complete it anyway cause I spent way to much time figuring and adjusting already. I rather find time to get on to the Haberdashery to get the buttons and get busy with other stuff.
One that got left out from posting. A little gift for Mylene's birthday.
Freebie by Cherry Wood design Studios titled 'Have seen my 'ouch ',  finished into a fob. Fabric Belfast White.
On Friday, the mailman drop by with  a surprise RAK package. Its a beautifully finished tote from Janet  C.  I just loved the fabrics and it had an attached drawstring closure. Its simply perfect  for hand carry.

I sincerely thank you all for following me and to all who have been coming by all these while. I appreciate  your time for leaving me your comments, your words are very encouraging and supportive  whereas I had not been regularly visiting you in return, although as much as I wanted but time sometimes is just not on my side to go on my blog read in one sitting. Work can get in the way of needs and it can demand to be given priority especially when its constantly staring back at me especially so in the later part of the year. The new year will be yet busy times ahead especially the first  two weeks is going to be busy, busy with preparation for the coming festivity, Chinese New Year. I am glad I manage to do some early shopping during the Christmas sale especially for the kids and some home furnishing. The coming weeks will be utilize to get the house in order and a bit of baking plus to fulfilled the list of things from MIL.  Mom is feeling much much better and is able to walk with ease  and so has gone home for now. 
Here's wishing everyone
HAPPY NEW YEAR
May you have a wonderful  great start into
the year of the Dragon
2012

image  : Yahoo image search

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Lovely gift for Mylene! Love that bag you received from Janet.

I also have no big plans for 2012 except to stitch one ornament a month! My plans also change along the way, ha, ha!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. I think the Chinese blouse looks great.
JessW.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yay! It's going to be year of the dragon! I'm a Dragon Baby so this is my year to shine!!!

What a beautiful Chinese shirt.

I hope you have a wonderful 2012 and I look forward to our exchange in the spring!

Siobhán said...

What lovely gifts and stitching! The blouse looks great.

Happy new year to you and yours!

Brigitte said...

Wow, your sewing skills are really gorgeous. And you stitched a very lovely gift for Mylene. The tote bag you received looks fantastic. I'd love to be able to sew such bags myself.
Have a great new stitching year.