Sunday, October 24, 2010

A very laid-back Sunday

Don't know what got into me this morning when I decided to cook Nasi Lemak for lunch. So spent the entire morning chopping, pounding and more pounding later. I made my own sambal with slices of large onionsCurry Chicken in the process of cooking, I let it simmer till the gravy thickens a bit.
Lunch, complete with ikan bilis and kacang, long bean and hard boiled eggs but I forgot the timun!

While cooking, I ponder about buying Nasi Lemak from the Warung which cost a Ringgit and twenty cents for the biasa and added chicken or rendang cost between Three Ringgit to Four per packet, the cost of which is still cheaper compared to me cooking and the best part of all, it will leave me with the entire morning free to stitch rather that sweating in the kitchen! afterall I am supposed to have the Sunday to myself, the kids are no where in the house....for now. But then again, I loved the aroma from the coconut milk and knotted pandan leaves in the rice cooker that filled my kitchen.

While at the market in the morning, I stop by the flower stall in the market to smell the flowers.
Sorry photos not very good, some overly exposed to the sunlight, took with my mobile phone, too lazy to use the camera, or rather I don't carry my camera to the market :P

Later, I am going to bake a cake.
Thank you for stopping by, hope you'll have a wonderful Sunday and a productive weekend.
BJ, thanks for the info on the dolls, comforting to know that its not necessary for a doll to have a face, which I will leave Nymph as it is :D
denote : Nasi Lemak (Rice in coconut milk) Sambal (spicy chilli) ikan bilis (anchovies) kacang (roasted peanuts) timun (cucumber) Warong (stall) biasa (with basic condiments) rendang (spicy beef stewed) Ringgit (currency)
edited : 25/10/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum yum.
JessW.