Come this weekend, October ends ! I shivers as I look at the amount of work that need to be done in the next couple of weeks to come, 9 weeks to year end does sound long which is actually 61 days minus the weekends and public holidays a total of 19 days will leave me with only 42 days. Now that don't sound very long doesn't it? Not taken into consideration yet, are the fact that I may have to take some days off for that annual thing and compulsory thing, and oh! not forgetting the school term ends on the 19th of next month and the new term is some 6 weeks away? chaos !
NOW, back to some happy thoughts, another great package came knocking on my door early in the month is a package full of stashy gifts from Margaret W. A wonderful package, containing fabrics, fibers, precious antique lace from her trip to London, thread winders, each and every items so well thought of. Thank you so much Margaret. I loved everything in it. 
LHN Needlework Round Robin in the planning.
A draft of what my next Round Robin will look like when done, i hope. I've signed up for another round of Round Robin, can't remember when but it was many moons ago which its schedule initially was to start some months back but got postponed because everyone agreed so and this is to kick off in January 2011. Therefore, as of this month, we are to decide on our charts and choose and make our choice on others, decide on fibers among other things. I wasn't quite sure of my choices until I began shuffling a number of charts before settling for these. Still, I am no where near starting yet.
To be continue in January 2011.

LHN Needlework Round Robin in the planning.
A draft of what my next Round Robin will look like when done, i hope. I've signed up for another round of Round Robin, can't remember when but it was many moons ago which its schedule initially was to start some months back but got postponed because everyone agreed so and this is to kick off in January 2011. Therefore, as of this month, we are to decide on our charts and choose and make our choice on others, decide on fibers among other things. I wasn't quite sure of my choices until I began shuffling a number of charts before settling for these. Still, I am no where near starting yet.
To be continue in January 2011. At Home, these fruits filled my little glass bowl on my dinning table last week. Passion fruits harvested from my Mum-In law's garden included and which didn't go quite well with both Diane and Vincent's taste buds.
Passion Fruit Yogurt Cake is what came out of my oven last Wednesday.
The cake tasted sweet yet not overly, its texture rather fine and soft and the flavour just nice not overpowering. The recipe is definitely for keeps.
Adapted from Honey Bee Sweets with minimal changes.
Ingredients :
300g self-rising flour
225g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
220g unsalted butter, room temperature
4 eggs
70ml Low Fat Yogurt ( I used the Citrus flavoured as that was what I had in the fridge)
4 tbsp Juice from 4 passion fruits
pinch of salt
Method:
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Butter and line the baking tin with parchment paper and butter it again.
In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time till well mixed in.
Add in yogurt and stir till incorporated. Then add in the passion fruit juice and mix well.
Add in flour, baking powder and salt and stir till just blend in.
Pour the cake batter into an 8" round tin (that's what I used) and bake for 40 to 45 mins or till the cake tester comes out clean.
Cool on rack before slicing.
Hocus Pocus, Done!
Ooops! I forgot the buttons!
Lastly, EAT, DRINK & BE SCARY
HAPPY HALLOWEEN !
(pumpkin faces- Isetan Supermarket @ KLCC)
(pumpkin faces- Isetan Supermarket @ KLCC)
Enjoy a Happy Halloween weekend and thank you for visiting!
tILL i SeE yOu nEXt, have a great weekend !
6 comments:
Lovely group of LHN charts - My favorite !!
Have a great weekend
Take Care
Lovely gifts from MW! and the cake looks yummy!
And Hocus Pocus is just in time for Halloween!
so nice to read your updates..i missed visiting your blog
Lovely gifts from Margaret! Love your choices for the RR. Is the RR within Malaysia or International? It had been a long time since I participate in one.
The cake sure looks yummy!
Hugs,
Your Round Robin choices look wonderful, Lillie! Hocus Pocus looks like it was a lot of fun to stitch, too!
And that cake looks so tempting--I'll bet that didn't last long in your house! YUMMMM...
Beautiful gifts received and hmmmm...the cake looks yummyyyy!
Post a Comment