Yesterday I received another package which I thought look rather familiar. Imagine me staring at my own handwritting !! its my Halloween package, mailed 6 October, left for USA came home to me as it could not be deliver to its rightful owner. This has been sorted out and will travel again. Luckily this package is registered
I am sorry I can't provide the pattern because I didn't get it from any where and I do not know if there's any similar pattern out there. I crocheted Nymph intuitively, frogging twice on the head, twice on the first arm, twice on the first leg and she had four nose job because its either too small or too big. The body was initially the head which I found it a bit too big, I even altered her hat three times. Minus the hat, she is now 8" tall ~ standing .
After all her body parts are put together, I crocheted in chain stitches and in black yarns a sleeveless dress. For her crowning glory, I gather enough yarns and pile it on her head and sew running stitches in the middle of her head down to the back. Diane had asked for a broom. Now , that I haven't figured how to make one. She also complained that Nymph's is exposed at you know where, so be reminded to crochet the bottom half of the body in black yarns or better still the entire body with black yarns for some saving on yarns since you can make do without a dress. Just a thought.Feared Lost !!
The Mail Art for the Halloween Theme with Mail Art Friends group that was mailed on the 10th, this went inland to a neighbouring state is yet to surface. I have doubts, that it ever will where it was suppose to be, sigh! Its been 2 weeks since and I think that is rather long for an inland mail
to travel, unless someone in the PO is sleeping on it. Sigh!

Design by Heart in Hand Needleart's Halloween marking series, design name Haunted house and added a pumpkin, including the back from the design Full Moon, Ink Circles - September 2010 JCS Halloween issue. The small tree on the back flap is something I made up, then I finished it off and lined the MA in black and purple fabric. I was not allowed to Registered it by the 2 lady clerks at the KLCC PO, which will provide tracking and a secured posting. Since I had little things inside , it made the envelope bulky, I knew it look tempting, but I was trusting those people whom our mails are in their care. Now, I also feared for the MA below, whom a friend had ask me to help mail on behalf of her client.
I hope this under the International mail will not share the same faith as mine, fingers and toes crossed that this MA will arrive safely, or I just don't know how I will face this friend again. Finally, I stole the snap of my Pink Mail Art that the front was missing, sorry, the snap was a bit blurry, but its better than no keeps at all.
Some Halloween stitching to share.
Full Moon design by Ink Circles, Tracy from the 2010 Halloween JCS issue. This took me some four weeks to complete. Yes, i'm afraid my needle is getting rusty
Another in progress piece that was on my to do list for quite awhile. Hocus Pocus, LK both on 28ct Jobelean evenweave. My choice of DMCs. This has been close to 2 weeks .Thank you for stopping by with your lovely comments, hope everyone has a great weekend !
3 comments:
So sorry for the envelope that went lost. I heard so often about lost mailart that I decided some time ago not to do any more mailart. It's such a pity to see all the things that go astray or are stolen on the postal way.
Your are doing some very nice fall stitching. And Halloween crocheting. Nymph looks gorgeous.
You've been pretty busy I see :) The doll looks evil ... err I mean cute! She's fine without a mouth. Amish dolls are faceless and their quaint that way.
International mailing is such an ordeal, isn't it? And being confronted, unexpectedly, with your own handwriting is a strange experience, isn't it? LOL.
Post a Comment