Sunday, October 10, 2010

Coffee, Choc and Witch among other stuff

Been some weeks that I spent close to 3 hours at a certain McDonald's every Sunday morning. Was there as early as 7:30am, with my morning paper, a book and something to stitch while I waited for Diane's lesson with a private tutor which is 8 minutes drive from where I am. This Sunday morning was to be my last weekend at McD as that was her last lesson for the year.This is the back portion of my Pink theme Mailart that I sent to my partner, Wee Kie. The sad part is, I cannot locate the other half, the front side of this MA anywhere. Noooo,its not in the camera memory nor in the pc. I wasn't even sure if I did took a snap of its front before I mailed, thou the little voice in my head told me I did, but I can't find it!!!Design freebie by Aliolka . I will post the front when I get to steal a snap from my partner ;P

Found this on my desk one morning in September.
its the 400gm.

My Boss whenever he flies, he always bring me little goodies depending where he went. That month, he didn't travel far, only inland and brought me the black giant bar.

Another wonderful package that was hand delivered to me personally came from Eling. Thank you so much Eling, amidst your busy schedules you still manage to churn out such pretty things. The package also contained this elegant sea grass/pandan handbag from her recent travel.
Jar pincushion is what I made for Diane as a gift for Jade's birthday 3 weeks ago. Jade, a clerk at Diane's music center is a part-time college student who is into cross-stitch and a bit of other crafts. Every year, she has little gifts for Diane on her birthday. This jar is filled with an assortment of little crafty things.
Lastly, I am introducing to you for the very first time,
Nymph!
Over the weekend, I crocheted my first amigurumi. I never have a thing for crocheted ami stuff
but last weekend, I am drawn to crochet one, I think its from all the stitching and finishing Halloween stuff during the last two weeks has somehow sets me in the mood. And it just had to be a witch! I find witches full of mysteries and it captivate my imagination in a way. LOL!
Nymph is still a prototype, there are still many parts of her that I am not happy with, I have not given her a face either, nor a nose, should I?
I would have wanted to named her, Witchzilla, but Diane choose to name her Nymph, she has claimed it as hers already, thou she still need some improvement. I couldn't get a better angle for a snap, using the flash light was no good either. Do wait for the improved version.
Thanks for visiting me and leaving me your sweet comments, appreciate it alot.
Have a good crafting week ahead.

8 comments:

Janet C said...

I like Nymph! :D

Mylene said...

What a lovely mailart and gift goodies received.
Great job on the crochetted piece.

barbara said...

Such wonderful everything! :D I used to seriously LOVE Tobelerone bars. Luckily, I'm not as crazy about them now, LOL! The mail art and the witch are so pretty! (As is everything!)

Ellen said...

Love your mailart! I would be scared to send that thro' the mail, is it safe?

Love your crocheted witch too! I can crochet but not very good at it.

Hugs,

Cindy said...

Its always great to have some quiet moments and enjoy doing things that you love.
Those gifts are beautiful!

Brigitte said...

Your mailart looks so nice. You're a lucky girl being spoilt with some lovely goodies lately. Enjoy!

Meari said...

Your pink exchange mailart looks really pretty. Very thoughful gifts both sent and received. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Everything is wonderful!