I think the rainning season has begun. It has been raining every day for like the entire month of September. And when it rains it pours, thunder and lightning included. It has been some hectic and intense weeks both at work and homefront . I won't bored you with the details, just that it drained me and thinking of it is even exhausting, and this post was meant for last week but ......
I was not able to share much of what I have stitched in the month of August and September , there were some exchange pieces, some sent yet to arrive , some in progress but slowly I am revealing it as and when it arrived at its new home. And then, there was Margaret's birthday gift, a belated birthday gift. Belated not intentionally but because she flew off weeks before her birthday was due and didn't return home when she was supposed to, instead extended her stay by some weeks.
Here is what I sent her.
Belfast White - 32 ct Linen. Peacock Design found on a Sampler dated 1742 from the book " Samplers and tapestry Embroideries by Marcus Huish.
The back is something I made up inspired by the peacock design. I finished it into a sewing pouch with pincushion and needlebook and a lace pocket.
Pincushion design derived from the peacock's tail . Floss color DMC 498 and 801.
My first box cover finishing. A mini needle keeper chest . The design is part of Windy Willow's freebie stitched on Antique White 32ct with combination of 2 reds, DMC 831 and 817, i think.
Also, I included in the package the personalized pincushion and matching colored pouch that I stitched for everylady at the meet on When Friends Gather post that Margaret missed.
Another package came from Barbara J who pampered me with two LHN charts from its All Dolled up series. The package also contained a Danybrod design needlebook and pincushion, I loved both color choices by BJ. I think both pieces turned out to be very sweet.
I was not able to share much of what I have stitched in the month of August and September , there were some exchange pieces, some sent yet to arrive , some in progress but slowly I am revealing it as and when it arrived at its new home. And then, there was Margaret's birthday gift, a belated birthday gift. Belated not intentionally but because she flew off weeks before her birthday was due and didn't return home when she was supposed to, instead extended her stay by some weeks.
Here is what I sent her.
Belfast White - 32 ct Linen. Peacock Design found on a Sampler dated 1742 from the book " Samplers and tapestry Embroideries by Marcus Huish.
The back is something I made up inspired by the peacock design. I finished it into a sewing pouch with pincushion and needlebook and a lace pocket.
Pincushion design derived from the peacock's tail . Floss color DMC 498 and 801.
My first box cover finishing. A mini needle keeper chest . The design is part of Windy Willow's freebie stitched on Antique White 32ct with combination of 2 reds, DMC 831 and 817, i think.
Also, I included in the package the personalized pincushion and matching colored pouch that I stitched for everylady at the meet on When Friends Gather post that Margaret missed.
The month of September ended with some beautiful treasures I received in the mail.
From Jess W, a personalized log cabin design pincushion, loved the fabric colors and the cutest tiny little hexagon pincushion in Japanese fabric. I am amazed with the hexagone, such tiny perfect stitches. I've added the fifty cent coin for size.
From Jess W, a personalized log cabin design pincushion, loved the fabric colors and the cutest tiny little hexagon pincushion in Japanese fabric. I am amazed with the hexagone, such tiny perfect stitches. I've added the fifty cent coin for size.
Another package came from Barbara J who pampered me with two LHN charts from its All Dolled up series. The package also contained a Danybrod design needlebook and pincushion, I loved both color choices by BJ. I think both pieces turned out to be very sweet.
Everything is perfect, I can't thank you ladies enough for the beautiful birthday gifts.
That week, I tried out the Non-Bake Oreo Cheese Cake all because it was non-bake, I thought it would be a quickie and it was, except the freezing take a bit of time, like 2 - 3 hours. I made 3 alterations to the recipe, firstly, I substitute the digestive biscuits for Julie's chocolate marie biscuits, because that was what I had then. That too I overweight by additional half of its requirement resulting in a thicker base. Secondly, I was too lazy to divide my creamcheese to 2 parts, and thirdly, I susbtitute the maple syrup with honey and I mixed all in. Then I chilled it in the freezer to give it that ice-cream texture.

Cheesy and yummy. What's left of the cake by time I took the camera out to snap a picture.
Recipe adapted from Aunty Yochana
Heidi, you asked about the fillings for the mooncake, well there's a number of varieties. Traditionally, its made with a thick filling usually lotus seed paste or red bean paste and a relatively thin (2-3 mm) soft crust. The lotus paste may contain yolks from salted duck eggs. Mooncakes are usually eaten in small wedges as it taste sweet and accompanied by Chinese tea.
Thank you everyone for stopping by and leaving me your comments in my last post. Have a good week.
8 comments:
What beautiful stitching and exchange pieces! They're all so lovely. The little hexagon flower is so tiny and perfect! The cake looks good, too. ;)
Lovely gifts you got there. And the cake look so yummy...;)
Very nice sewing pocket you made for MW's birthday! And quite useful too.
Glad you liked the birthday presents!
Oh, I hate a long rainy period. I hope you'll have some more cheerful weather now!
All your stitching and finishing is absolutely lovely!!
All your stitching are beautifuly finished. Great job.
Lovely gifts received, enjoy!
You've sent and received some lovely pieces!
Fabulous stitching. Cheesecake looks delish.
JessW.
Hello Lillie! Thank you for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway. I'm happy to have discovered a new blog to visit :)
Your stitching is just lovely and oh, that cheesecake looks amazing. Hope you have a break from the rain soon...
Post a Comment