Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Mystical, Fantasy or Make Believed?

I think most of us grew up with fairy tales and of Prince Charming and the happily ever after thing, and there was no Jacob or Edward then.


So the first thought that came to me for the Mail Art theme organized by Kita for Mail Art Friends was naturally fairy tales. While I received the most fascinating 'mystical' theme, a TW dragon and castle from Rebecca in UK complete with equally fascinating fantasy postage of dragon and mermaid.
Also a wonderful goodie package put together from her. Thank you so much Rebecca!

What did I stitched for Rebecca? this round we partnered the person we received from. Design from LHN's, Once A-Upon A-Time series, Dream. It was the Cinderalla's pumpkin' carriage that was calling out to me when I was having a crisis on the homefront. I was running so late when I finally find time to stitch but went into mental block with both kids hospitalize. I just couldn't visualize another design to complete the other side when I would normally have stitch something, so I made it up by adding an angle button and stars. There was no special fantasy postage as we never get any out of the ordinary but anyhow its still a special issue first day cover postage and bears its special first day stamping .
So sweet of Rebecca to write that she likes it.
Thank you for coming by, may you all have a happy week.

2 comments:

Mylene said...

What lovely mailarts, both sent and received.

Brigitte said...

That was avery successful exchnage. Both envelopes are just beautiful and so creative.