Sunday, September 05, 2010

When friends gather

We talk endlessly !

Jess and Tony was in town. As usual I was late ! sigh! I couldn't meet earlier to go on a shopping trip as planned by BJ due to my mommy's commitment, so I thought I'll meet everyone, June, BJ, Jackie, Jess and Tony at our lunch venue instead, but I was so late that I could actually' wash the dishes' and shamefully the first to leave..sniff! So sorry gals for being such a disappointment! But it was a fabulous Saturday afternoon, and me meeting Jess and Tony for the first time !!!


Tony was such a good sport being the only thorn among the roses he had to endure all our yakking about stitching stuff .From Jess, I received an adorable birdie named A lil'birdie pinkeep. And a wonderful Homespun pincushion from BJ.
June, thanks once again for the scrumptious lunch treat.
My little gift for the wonderful ladies, a personalized pin pillow each. This was my secret and no tell project during the last 2 weeks of August. I finished each piece individually working out the finishing details by visualizing without giving much thoughts to the finished sizes but more to co-ordinating the fabric colors and laces in my stash instead, hence the pillows are all not symmetrically sized. I've never finished so many pillows in one sewing either !
and each pillow has a almost matching color zipper pouch, which I forgot to snap a picture.

Monograms design freebies by Novalee 02.blog. Fabric coffee dyed evenweave.

Margaret, who I am sure is enjoying the cool breeze and sipping tea and having English scones somewhere in London is not being left out either but you have to come home to claim it..LOL!

Thanks for visiting and have a good week ahead everyone.


10 comments:

mainely stitching said...

It sounds like a wonderful getting-together time. Love that little bird! :D

mainely stitching said...

It sounds like a wonderful getting-together time. Love that little bird! :D

Margaret wong said...

Ooooh.......I'm coming home to claim your pincushion!!!! I wished I was there with you gals and Tony.......I was sneezing endlessly and was most convinced you people have been talking about me non stop!

Janet C said...

I gathered you all had a lovely outing! Tony is definitely a good sport. Cute & pretty pin-pillows and the bird Jess made is lovely.

June said...

I had a fabulous time with you gals and Tony too. We yak and eat non stop. Met up at round 1ish and didn't finish till 7ish. Time flies when you're having a good time.

Brigitte said...

It must have great to meet up with all your stitching friends. I love the little birdie pin keep, what a fantastic idea this is. And wow, all thiese wonderful pillows you made for your friends. Very special.

Mylene said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! Love the cute birdie and all your pinpillows looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

Tony and I were so happy you managed to drop by, and yes, that was such a lovely afternoon. Must do again soon, lah. Will arrange sweet little pincushin from you in my new cabinet this week.
Jess.

Lainey said...

Sounds like a wonderful get together. The pinkeep birdie is so sweet and your pillows are all gorgeous!

Ellen said...

Gorgeous birdie pinkeep and pillows, love them. It's wonderful to be able to meet up with stitching friends.

Hugs,