Friday, June 11, 2010

The week and the weekend that was

I would like to thank everyone for all your words of comfort in my last post and emails I received concerning my aunt's passing.

Back to life, my trip to the big city with the kids begins with this movie.
It was a unanimous choice over Letters to Juliet and Bounty Hunter. Its action packed and kept me wide eyed until the end ;P Thereafter, its to Kinokuniya, the bookstore where we spent like 2 hours and came out with these and these
A late lunch at about 3pm at Nando's. Diane ordered the Angry Mango Burger that didn't looked any angry at all, LOL, while Vincent went for the Spicy Hot Chicken Burger with extra cheese and I ordered their Chicken Kebab with lemon and herbs flavour instead of their quarter or half Peri-Peri chicken servings that Nando's are so famous for.

Exchange Received
I received this awesome Scissor Keeper Exchange from Anne S, in Australia on Wednesday. I was overwhelmed for her thoughtfulness with the whole package. I absolutely love the color, best of all was the design, Alyssum Scissor Pocket 2007 Limited Edition by The Cat's Whiskers.

It has both our initials on the inside flap and the gorgeous stork scissor which was the source that inspired Anne for the floss colors so that I could have a matching set. The photos are doing injustice here! Thank you so much Anne!

This week its about mailing things
A first attempt at finishing this scissor keeper intended for an exchange I signed up at Becky's blog . I had so much doubt that it became quite scary to embark with the finishing initially, thou, its one finishing method that was longest on my list to tackle. Am much relieved that it did turned out nicely and presentable enough. I was hoping that my partner will thought of the same too.

Design : Freebie by My Aunts Attic on Linen 32ct Antique White
Floss DMC 3777 and 801
Exchange for Michele S in Las Vegas
I am so glad that Michele is happy to receive from me. Words of its arrival came to my knowledge on Sunday.


The final package mailed on the last Saturday of May headed down to Jeanie of Singapore took one week to deliver. So near yet made to feel so far.A design by Romy stitched on 32ct Belfast White Linen and I was so thrilled to found the perfect fabric to go with the stitched design A stamped pillow of a little birdie in a cage with lace print to give an illusion of the cage is on a ledge with a Thank You stamp that which is meant for. A THANK YOU to Jeanie. The Traveling stitcher is finally home safely.The final package and the first package mailed in the month of June contains the Quaker Pochette - Mes Ciseaux. Another first attempt with the triangle finishing that didn't went as smoothly as I hope it would be. I also stitched up a strawberry scissor fob that I came up with incorporating design from the Ciseaux.Both front and back design are not identical. Stitched on a 32ct Linen Belfast White with DMC 3772/3064, 598 and 824. This was my last week's no show project. A gift for June on her birthday this week but mailed a bit too early as I thot it was due the next day of my mailing. What a blurr :P Anyway, June, Happy Birthday to you, hope you had a wonderful birthday! Freebie Design from here .

I started stitching two Mail Art simultaneously for an exchange, my first mailart for the year. It will be some weeks before I can reveal this.


Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your visits very much. Have a wonderful weekend till I see you next.

8 comments:

Nima said...

wow..lovely finishes. I love your strawberry pincushion...

I need to go to Kinokuniya when i go to Dubai next time...i love browsing thru crafty magazine and books...

Jeannette StG said...

I see you have been quite busy! I love the stork scissors you received:) An you did a great job with your scissor holder!
Isn't it funny, when the job is done, no one knows how challenging it was, except for you!

Lainey said...

Sounds like you and your kids had a wonderful time at the movies, I fancy seeing this one too.
Your gifts from Australia are lovely and those purply scissors are to die for.
So many lovely finishes, they are all gorgeous!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! Lots of great exchnages and gifts there! Fantastic finishing!

Cindy said...

Its so exciting to receive so many exchanges. They are all so lovely and beautifully done. Lucky you:)
Thanks for sharing the two wonderful freebies link.
Love your Strawberry pincushion and the scissors' keeper exchange that you have sent too...they are really pretty!!

Cindy said...

Its so exciting to receive so many exchanges. They are all so lovely and beautifully done. Lucky you:)
Thanks for sharing the two wonderful freebies link.
Love your Strawberry pincushion and the scissors' keeper exchange that you have sent too...they are really pretty!!

Mylene said...

That's a beautiful scissor keeper you received from Ann. Your stitching and finishing look great as always.

Ellen said...

Love all your finishes especially the triangular scissors case, it's gorgeous for a first attempt.
Also love the scissors case you received from Australia, I am currently stitching this design using Nina's threads.

I also love to spend my time browsing thro' crafts things in Kino.

Hugs,