is were I have gone to. Its Kunming, China, the capital of Yunnan Province. Here is how it came to be known as The City of Eternal Spring . We arrived at the City approximate after flying 3hrs 20mins over the Great Wall of China where I missed a snap of it :( as I could not get a clear snap due to very cloudy weather or rather scattered clouds . On most days the temperature was between 24°C to 27°C during the day and by night around 19°C to 22°C. For someone who has been living with a 35°C all year round, the coolness in the air was a great welcome except during my last 2 days when the weather turned gloomy and drizzle from morning to night. The temperature then dropped to between 18°C to 20°C and that kinda damped the spirits for sightseeing.
Home was here for six nights.
'Siow Tai' , our Chinese Tour Guide was waiting for us, waving a flag when we walked out of the arrival hall of the Kunming Wujiaba International Airport which was built in 1923. The first Kunming lingo we learnt from her was to addressed the ladies as 'Arr Ser Ma' and not 'Siow Cher' as we do here cos' the latter means 'lady of the night' while the men are to be addressed as 'Ah Hei Ker' which literally means 'Black Brother' thou they are not black but tanned. Tanned skin men are preferred rather 'white' (fairer) skin men, coz' "pai ker", means that they are men of leisure, lazy, Casanova, playboys...etc. And we found out quite immediately that its not easy getting the right tonation to pronounce 'Arr Seer Maa' as we are so used to our 'Asmah', and wrong tonation means you don't get a response from even the waiteress..that bad huh?
The first structure on Chinese land at a roundabout as we were driven away from the airport into the city for lunch, our first taste of Chinese China Food!! Lunch was approximately 1 hour at Ya Inn Restaurant.
After lunch, we were whisked off to the Daguang Park at the lake shore of Dianchi Lake also known as the Grand View Pavilion, which was built in 1682, by a Buddhist monk named Qianyin
It provides a spectacular view across sparkling Dianchi Lake to the distant Western Hills.
Dinner was at 6:30pm and ends at about 7:45pm at Xin Ren Ren Seafood Restaurant. We were served something like 11 dishes or was it 14 including a plateful of juicy watermelons, both lunch and dinner. I actually lost count after being served the 8th plate and that exclude 3 plates of appetizer which is either spicy or sourish.
I am having a bit of a problem downloading photos from my camera on the trip, so pictures and installment on the trip will have to wait till I get it fixed, but not those on my cellphone. Anyhow, I hope everyone had a wonderful stitching week while I was away and thank you so much for your kind wishes.
Home was here for six nights.
'Siow Tai' , our Chinese Tour Guide was waiting for us, waving a flag when we walked out of the arrival hall of the Kunming Wujiaba International Airport which was built in 1923. The first Kunming lingo we learnt from her was to addressed the ladies as 'Arr Ser Ma' and not 'Siow Cher' as we do here cos' the latter means 'lady of the night' while the men are to be addressed as 'Ah Hei Ker' which literally means 'Black Brother' thou they are not black but tanned. Tanned skin men are preferred rather 'white' (fairer) skin men, coz' "pai ker", means that they are men of leisure, lazy, Casanova, playboys...etc. And we found out quite immediately that its not easy getting the right tonation to pronounce 'Arr Seer Maa' as we are so used to our 'Asmah', and wrong tonation means you don't get a response from even the waiteress..that bad huh?
After lunch, we were whisked off to the Daguang Park at the lake shore of Dianchi Lake also known as the Grand View Pavilion, which was built in 1682, by a Buddhist monk named Qianyin
It provides a spectacular view across sparkling Dianchi Lake to the distant Western Hills.
Dinner was at 6:30pm and ends at about 7:45pm at Xin Ren Ren Seafood Restaurant. We were served something like 11 dishes or was it 14 including a plateful of juicy watermelons, both lunch and dinner. I actually lost count after being served the 8th plate and that exclude 3 plates of appetizer which is either spicy or sourish.
I am having a bit of a problem downloading photos from my camera on the trip, so pictures and installment on the trip will have to wait till I get it fixed, but not those on my cellphone. Anyhow, I hope everyone had a wonderful stitching week while I was away and thank you so much for your kind wishes.
2 comments:
I for one will be waiting for more pics of your trip :)
Sounds like you all had a wonderful time, Lillie.
Post a Comment