Happy Mother's day to all, hoped everyone had a great Mother's day last weekend. I had my hands full with 3 guest staying in the house over the weekend, all in their seventies and they didn't leave until Wednesday.
Included in my package was a book of quilting patterns with lots of finishing ideas. Thou, written in Chinese and BJ can't read Chinese, I hope its illustration patterns and colorful pictures which is what attracted me to it in the first place is not hard to digest. At least that is what I saw in that book, for someone with zero knowledge in quilting. Its also the only copy on its shelf at Kino, so there was no second thoughts besides BJ came to mind the moment I saw it as if it was meant for her. Hoped you had had a wonderful Birthday, BJ.

Thanks for visiting and for your kind comments. I wish you a good weekend and happy stitching.
Tenderness of Heart was my choice of another hush-hush project in the week that was. Finished into a pin pillow complete with lace and ribbons for Babara J's birthday last Friday.
Design : The Sampler Girl freebie Tenderness of Heart
Stitching one over one
Threads : DMC 801 and 3777
Linen 28 ct
Fabric from my stash
Included in my package was a book of quilting patterns with lots of finishing ideas. Thou, written in Chinese and BJ can't read Chinese, I hope its illustration patterns and colorful pictures which is what attracted me to it in the first place is not hard to digest. At least that is what I saw in that book, for someone with zero knowledge in quilting. Its also the only copy on its shelf at Kino, so there was no second thoughts besides BJ came to mind the moment I saw it as if it was meant for her. Hoped you had had a wonderful Birthday, BJ.
The weekend was also my first attempt at sewing a Purse Organiser. Now, not only my handbag get organized, it also made transferring of bags easier. Thou, my iron-on interfacing is not stiff enough but am happy with how it turned out anyway.

You can find the tutorial here. This is a simple one and it suits me just fine or you can go for more elaborate like this one here. My sewing skill is definitely not there yet!! I would like to sew another one with a different type of fabric instead of cotton and maybe with a short handle for easy lifting, gosh! I sound lazy, don't I??!!?!
Travelling Stitcher is still not done as I had hoped. It should have been done some 2 weeks ago but I went on to finish an exchange due for mailing on June 1st instead. I was a bit worried with the finishing as its my first. Relieved! Its done now awaiting mailing ;P
Travelling Stitcher is still not done as I had hoped. It should have been done some 2 weeks ago but I went on to finish an exchange due for mailing on June 1st instead. I was a bit worried with the finishing as its my first. Relieved! Its done now awaiting mailing ;P
Where countries with four seasons seem to be welcoming spring with flowers blooming everywhere, we in the tropics has been enjoying some seasonal fruits. First, to appear was the mangoes and I bought about 3 kilos aweek for several weeks. This week, the other tropical fruit in season ; Lychee (Litchi chinensis)

Origin : The lychee is native to low elevations of the provinces of Kwangtung and Fukien in southern China. Currently aplenty at the wet market. My regular fruit seller was waving at me as I was passing by her stall on Wednesday morning, So I stop and got some, remembering that Diane had ask me to get some when its in season.
Thanks for visiting and for your kind comments. I wish you a good weekend and happy stitching.
12 comments:
Thank YOU Lillie for the lovely birthday gifts!
Love the pin pillow! Its adorable.
I don't think I've ever seen a lychee in person except for the canned ones. Very interesting!
What a lovely pin-pillow you made for Barbara and wow! Well done on the purse. It looks great!!
Oh..i soooo miss the mangoes, lychees and other tropics fruits.
The gift you made for Barbara J is great! I love it! Your purse came out so good, too!!
What a cute little finish in that pillow. I think you did a great job on that purse organizer.
The pin-pillow and your purse are both beautiful, congrats on such great finishes.
The pin pillow is so sweet.
Well done on the purse organizer. Have wanted to sew one too, but....lol
You were making some very lovely gifts lately. I love this one as much as the Amitie pillow for Jess.
The purse organizer looks terrific. Thanks for sharing the links.
I love it one over one and the pillow is so precious!
Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest
as always your stitching is great and congrats on your new skill. The bag looks great.
Third time is the charm. AS always your stitching is great and congrats on the new skill. The bag looks awsume.
i think i missed this post while travelling.
I love your bag organiser...did you use any pattern or just made it out of your pattern..looks very practical.
Post a Comment