Friday, March 12, 2010

Something new

A new start, LHN Traveling Stitcher on the fabric it called for. This was a project meant for December last year but got put off and delayed until now.
My thanks to Jeanie for sharing this with me.

My first thread winders on cotton fabrics, not a perfection. Its kinda easy only lots of sticky glue to dealt with. I would loved to try this again someday when I can get hold of a more suitable card boards. The tutorial can be found here .

I received this wonderful pin pillow in an exchange from Ellen across the causeway. A freebie design by Vavi, Winter ABC stitched on 28ct evenweave with Cosmo Marble Thread she wrote. I never knew Cosmo produces such lovely threads, wonder if its available here. Also, Ellen has a wonderful stitching blog with lots of awesome projects.
I am still halfway stitching my exchange pin pillow, not even nearing completion, nooo..I am not late, dateline is April 1, I'll manage.
Thanks for coming by.

6 comments:

Nima said...

wow...thread winders looks awesome....i have to try that one day. thank you so much for the tutorial link

mainely stitching said...

Those thread winders really are gorgeous. And I love your new start! :D

Ellen said...

Hi Lillie,

Glad to know that you had received the pin pillow. It's a pleasure stitching for you. You have a lovely blog too!

Hugs,

Carmen said...

lovely thread winders,look gorgeous. and the pillow (exchange) is beautiful too, the color of floss is amazing!.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brigitte said...

I love your little ribbon cards and plan on making a lot of them myself. I have a lot of different pieces of ribbon that need to be wound so these cards would be great to display them much better. Thanks for the link.